Backdoor Trojan Horse Virus ( I gots one)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
just realized I have one on my PC, whats the easiest, most effective way to rid my computer of this bitch?

Comments

• format c:

or "Addware"
    + "kaspersky"

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    TROJAM

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    get a mac

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    get a mac

a windows tech once told me that I probably have more viruses on my mac than I could clear off. and that I would have to get a new one because "macs are just that way"

There was nothing wrong with my mac. we werent even near it when he said it.

weird.

TROJAM

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Backdoor Trojan Horse Virus ( I gots one)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    get a mac

a windows tech once told me that I probably have more viruses on my mac than I could clear off. and that I would have to get a new one because "macs are just that way"

weird.

TROJAM

Most false statement I've heard in awhile. Kinda like the MAC sales guy that told me my system would never ever crash if I got a mac.

The windows guy was bull shitting. Of course there are a million times more viruses for PC's... Around 90% of the worlds computers are on a windows OS.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Most false statement I've heard in awhile. Kinda like the MAC sales guy that told me my system would never ever crash if I got a mac.

The windows guy was bull shitting. Of course there are a million times more viruses for PC's... Around 90% of the worlds computers are on a windows OS.

But once you Mac Boosters have your way and 90% of people are using them, there will be millions of Mac viruses...

Exactly. Sometimes, it pays to be in the minority.

But once you Mac Boosters have your way and 90% of people are using them, there will be millions of Mac viruses...

Funny, I was thinking that as I was typing my previous response.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i had a trojan (or numerous trojans) on my computer about three weeks ago. the shit would randomly shut down, and explorer.exe would take up most of my system resources after about 10 minutes of the computer booting up. i tried everything, including multipe versions and flavors of spyware, adware and virus detection/removal. nothing worked. after a few hours of research i finally pinpointed the main problem and found a fix for it. after this i thought i had removed the problem and was good to go, but no. since the first trojan that i had finally removed, a laundry list of spammers and spyware/adware had gotten on to my computer that was impossible to remove. im on the university network here, and i got an email about 4 hours after i thought i had "fixed" the problem saying my internet connection was removed because my computer had sent out "an amount of spam that could easily crash the mail servers." FUCK. i backed up everything on cds that i needed from the c drive (beacuse all of my other harddrives are full), and reinstalled windows. i used to never really worry about protection, i had a virus program running but that was it. now i have that + windows antispyware prog running at all times, and a couple other prevention softwares running constantly. including virus and spyware check ups nightly.

good luck.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    just realized I have one on my PC, whats the easiest, most effective way to rid my computer of this bitch?

i didnt really answer your question. if this is the only problem you are experiencing, first update your virus software and run a virus check up on your computer. if this doesnt pinpoint your problem, try to find out what exactly it is doing to your computer. hit up google groups, and just research the problems you are experiencing.

if you are still hitting a dead end, download a program called "HijackThis" which will compose a log file of all the programs and files running on your computer. look for anything that seems out of the ordinary, and do research on its location on your computer and file name.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    get a mac

weird.

TROJAM

Check the statistics of "Systems Affected" for any virus if you want historical truth and not just labelwhore cheerleading.

Case in point: Trojan Horse | Backdoor.Nuclear[/b]
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

You'll notice there's no mention of Mac, and more importantly you'll notice there's no mention of Linux. Most of the smartest hactivists are writing in Linux with intent to cripple microsoft. Linux is open source, and help is abundant. Theme song: "You're Time Is Gonna Come."

If you want to know how to clean your machine of the TROJAM, go here:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.nuclear.html

Not here:
    http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

Say "Hello" to the motherfuckers crippling your system[/b]

• Aside from a far superior operating system, there has only been 1 (maybe 2) documented cases of widespread mac viruses. And that was a looooong time ago. Computers are so cheap these days a person can have both if they really want. But when apple goes public with the intels and OSX it's gonna be game over. Word.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Aside from a far superior operating system, there has only been 1 (maybe 2) documented cases of widespread mac viruses. And that was a looooong time ago. Computers are so cheap these days a person can have both if they really want. But when apple goes public with the intels and OSX it's gonna be game over. Word.

I've not used XP yet but in my experience both Windows and Mac OS are equally buggy and horrible. With the ability to access DOS from Windows being a crucial advantage IMO. I'm among the few who thought GUIs were a devolution... I like accessing the system directly and doing only exactly what I want to do.