I am coming to Portland (and you know the rest).

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'd like to meet up with some of you Rip City (is this term still used?) Strutters around the last week of this year. Additionally, I've been to Portland once before and have only had time to peruse one or two mediocre record stores. In the words of White Sox fans: Is That All There Is?

Relax - I am not going to buy the back-room-vaulted Public Nuisance Melcher Tapes or anything - just seeking a little oasis from the family (her family) during the holiday get-together.

PM me if you wish. I love you all.

Comments

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    oregon or maine?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    oregon or maine?

OR.[/b]

(DO they still call it Rip City? I never got that one.)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    oregon or maine?

OR.[/b]

(DO they still call it Rip City? I never got that one.)

Rip City refered to the Trailblazers. Nobody refers to the Blazers these days, so please no Rip City.

When I moved here in '77 the hieght of Rip City I was long under the impression that it refered to the high rents the landlords charged.

Dan

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    But why Rip?

Thanks for the PMs. anyone else?

(Snoopy & Charlie Brown, still hugging)

But why Rip?

Thanks for the PMs. anyone else?

(Snoopy & Charlie Brown, still hugging)

The Blazers had a great radio anouncer who brought a lot of phrases into the local and sometimes national lexicon. Phrases such as BINGO BANGO BONGO to describe a fast break, and RIP CITY to describe a shot that was nothing but net. His name is Bill Shonley. He is beloved by all, so Paul Allen fired him.

Dan

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I heart Oregon. Wouldn't mind moving down there someday. Two Oregon raers allude me still.

West coast is the best coast.

I heart Oregon. Wouldn't mind moving down there someday. Two Oregon raers allude me still.

West coast is the best coast.

What do you need?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm leaving today for Oregon. I'll try to meet up with some of you guys when the schedule dictates. Sheesh. I don't like flights because my sinuses don't like altitude. It's like my eyeballs want out of my head.

Have a great (your holiday here), everybody.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    How long you out here for?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    How long you out here for?

When you typed that, probably 40 minutes. To-day is my first full day in the city of moss and roses.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

What do you need?

that's some serious customer service dan! i need raer, plaese to supply. barduhn doubles. thanks!

• We have no raers out here.

Go away.

Naw...for reals you need any help on record/food/shoe spots hit me up.

[email]delmontfairchild@comcast.net[/email]