NPR features "Raer groove" collectros and diggers

NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
NPR just did a random feature about digging, discussing "raer groove" collectros and showcasing Giles Peterson digging at a spot in LA. This occured right as I began searching ebay for records here at work.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• NPR just did a random feature about digging, discussing "raer groove" collectros and showcasing Giles Peterson digging at a spot in LA. This occured right as I began searching ebay for records here at work.

better not have been my spot

• This Brand X record is $100. it is rare, groove. They even know about it on NPR.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

This Brand X record is $100. it is rare, groove. They even know about it on NPR.

Wow, everyone is on the Rare bandwagon. Imagine the NPR audience thinking that hey maybe my Bread and John Denver records are rare groove too.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i read in a thread that almost all "black music" is "rare groove" when played at the right temperature.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

This Brand X record is $100. it is rare, groove. They even know about it on NPR.

Wow, everyone is on the Rare bandwagon. Imagine the NPR audience thinking that hey maybe my Bread and John Denver records are rare groove too.

Nah, they ain't got "soul". Carly Simon though....

• great, this will now open the floodgates for new collectros to be at my diggin spot with a portable.

hey, got that leo sayer joint? how about the first family, or the rare, first pressing of thriller?

i already have to deal with this guy who is like:

who's talking about the root of several languages every time i'm trying to dig.

• QUITE YOU!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    "Many factors make records collectable," says reporter Derek Rath. "The artist, the label, the number of records pressed, and historic significance."
    DULY NOTED.

• didnt even bother to click the link posted...but i think thats record surplus.