GOBBLESTONE - Philosophy of the Spirit (RR) WTF?

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Why is this so good and why don't I know about it? In the song, "The Rabbi", Richard Davis and Chick Corea take it into Coltrane land. I love discovering new stuff, which isn't too hard for me.

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Gobblestone?

is this a thanksgiving joke a few days too late.

great record. first heard it on Kim Heron's program on WDET when i was 15. found it in San Francisco at 18 after looking in detroit for a while (the days before ebay).

the price czech is $15 max.

beautiful record. bowed bass is pleasant to the ears. one of my favorites.

• Gobblestone?

is this a thanksgiving joke a few days too late.

great record. first heard it on Kim Heron's program on WDET when i was 15. found it in San Francisco at 18 after looking in detroit for a while (the days before ebay).

the price czech is $15 max.

beautiful record. bowed bass is pleasant to the ears. one of my favorites.

Haha, no. I'm not that witty, nor that slow. Just in between. I hadn't heard of the Gobblestone division of Buddah Group, that's all.

Good Lookin'

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    before any one comes here to try and throw some action your way, I'll spare you and tell you its "Cobblestone".

• before any one comes here to try and throw some action your way, I'll spare you and tell you its "Cobblestone".
    AYO!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    His other album Dealin is way better IMO. But, of course, it is "funkier" so it depends on taste.
    Peace
    T.N.