my dildo isn't working right

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
whats up peoples. having some issues with my dildo.i think it may be the turntable, but it may be the interface. anyways, here is what is happening. both sides play fine by themselves, but when the right turntable is playing, and i cue up the left record, i start getting tons of crackling on the right side. it started out just doing it when i would be backspinning the left side, but now it happens regardless. as soon as i touch the needle to the left side the right one starts sounding all crappy. it doesnt happen on the left side though. i can cue up on the right without affecting the left side. any thoughts? i am running on below minimum requirements here. g3 ibook with 384 ram. i am planning on getting more ram anyway. but do you guys think that is the problem? i have heard of plenty of people being able to run serato on g3 ibooks though.i havent had a chance to totally troubleshoot everything yet, but i wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. oh yeah, just to cover the bases, i fucked with the calibration and adjusted the sensitivity both ways just to see if that would fix it, but it didnt. i also moved the box as far away from everything as possible. nada. also messed with the buffering and screen updates. help me out plaese, i need use my dildo this friday.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    whats up peoples. having some issues with my dildo.

i think it may be the turntable, but it may be the interface. anyways, here is what is happening.

both sides play fine by themselves, but when the right turntable is playing, and i cue up the left record, i start getting tons of crackling on the right side. it started out just doing it when i would be backspinning the left side, but now it happens regardless. as soon as i touch the needle to the left side the right one starts sounding all crappy.

it doesnt happen on the left side though. i can cue up on the right without affecting the left side.

any thoughts?

i am running on below minimum requirements here. g3 ibook with 384 ram. i am planning on getting more ram anyway. but do you guys think that is the problem? i have heard of plenty of people being able to run serato on g3 ibooks though.

i havent had a chance to totally troubleshoot everything yet, but i wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

oh yeah, just to cover the bases, i fucked with the calibration and adjusted the sensitivity both ways just to see if that would fix it, but it didnt. i also moved the box as far away from everything as possible. nada. also messed with the buffering and screen updates.

help me out plaese, i need use my dildo this friday.

ummm...I dont have dildo, but 384 megs of ram?????? thats probably your biggest problem there. Other than the fact that its an old computer, and an ibook.

You definitely need more ram though man. thats a pitiful amount of ram.

Try going with at least a GIG.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    thats a pitiful amount of ram.

what'd my ram do to you?

just kidding.

i think it might be my needle connection though.

it worked fine for months.

thats a pitiful amount of ram.

what'd my ram do to you?

just kidding.

i think it might be my needle connection though.

it worked fine for months.

Still man, get some ram.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Try going with at least a GIG.

max is like 640 or something i think.

i dont know, i need to look into that actually.

MOst peoples PDA's have more ram than you.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    that is pitiful.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    joey,

switch your needles. flip over the control records. try a different mixer.

narrow it down, knawmean? it could be so many things.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    it could be so many things.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    has anyone else had experience/success running serato on a g3 ibook? i have an old one that i was thinking about just throwing more ram in and getting a firewire hard drive for. i know "officially" it requires a g4, but is this a huge problem?

• Mesh get your dildo straight .

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Death to RAM braggers. You do not need a gig of RAM to run that shit. Half that would do fine. More is better but less is not inadequate.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    well, just for my fellow dildo users out there, thought i would report my findings with yall.

seems i had to be real specific with my settings. had to put the usb buffer around 5 and the screen updates to a minimum.

if i had the buffer too far to the right i would get the nasty crackles, and too far to the left and it would give me the black curtain of death and freeze the computer.

still gonna get some more ram, but it appears to be stable.

boing.