HOWARD WALES "RENDEZVOUS WITH THE SUN"

pookeyblowpookeyblow 406 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
This is dope. Found this LP in my dad's crates. Does anyone have any info about him? What is it worth? Saw it on ebay for $200.My father said he knew him a long time ago and that Howard Wales asked my father if he could help him release the album. He gave my father a copy when he was in SF. My father says it's a private pressing.ha en fin dag

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's more like a $100 album these days. Apparently, a whole grip of sealed copies turned up and people have been steadily selling them on eBay every few weeks.

Wales is best known for being friends and musical colleagues with Jerry Garcia. They recorded a few albums together, though "Rendezvous" is the rarest of Wales' recordings. The song "Huxley's Howl" was also on 45 I believe, besides being on the LP.

This is dope. Found this LP in my dad's crates. Does anyone have any info about him? What is it worth? Saw it on ebay for $200.

My father said he knew him a long time ago and that Howard Wales asked my father if he could help him release the album. He gave my father a copy when he was in SF. My father says it's a private pressing.

ha en fin dag

• It's more like a $100 album these days. Apparently, a whole grip of sealed copies turned up and people have been steadily selling them on eBay every few weeks.

Wales is best known for being friends and musical colleagues with Jerry Garcia. They recorded a few albums together, though "Rendezvous" is the rarest of Wales' recordings. The song "Huxley's Howl" was also on 45 I believe, besides being on the LP.

"Huxley's Howl" is not on the lp, is it? I can't remember the titles and I don't have the lp or 45 nearby right now, but I know that whatever the 45 is it's not on the album. I played all of that stuff on some of my old cd's.

Too bad the album's only $100... I made some nice gwop off of one of those on Ebay a couple years ago, I think $300+. Wasn't some dude on Ebay trying to sell like a whole box of those for thousands of dollars not long ago?

• their has to be a douglas lp from howard wales though i haven't seen it. anyone got a scan of this thing???

i love the douglas 45. i think it has a credit for jerry garcia on guitar.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    their has to be a douglas lp from howard wales though i haven't seen it. anyone got a scan of this thing???

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    their has to be a douglas lp from howard wales though i haven't seen it. anyone got a scan of this thing???

Deluxe Ryko reish on clear wax has DOPE bonus cuts