Questions for the Moderators...

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Is the Strut your job? How about a quick BIO, what all yall about... I'm sure most people here already know but for us new jackers, how bout it?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yes Mango. The "Strut" is a full time job for the moderators. They earn six figure incomes and have a serious benefits package. Company matching 401K and life insurance, 2 months paid vacation, 15 sick days, profit sharing, bonus program, corporate meetings in Hawaii, etc. I heard they also have a fleet of Maybachs with drivers for company cars. I keep trying to get hired, but Raj won't return my calls

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is the Strut your job?

How about a quick BIO, what all yall about... I'm sure most people here already know but for us new jackers, how bout it?

A further question for the moderators: would you please ban this poptart already?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    2 months paid vacation, 15 sick days

At this new company I started at on Monday, I have four and a half weeks vacation a year and unlimited/"honor system" sick days. Plus, all of the folks in the New York office fly to London twice a year for the company-wide meeting.

So fellas, hide your raers, I'm taking multiple "holidays" this year!

• So fellas, hide your raers, I'm taking multiple "holidays" this year!

And since her significant other gets considerably less vacation time, she'll be "flyin' solo."

Holiday-ay...and it feels so nice

At this new company I started at on Monday, I have four and a half weeks vacation a year and unlimited/"honor system" sick days. All of the folks in the New York office fly to London twice a year for the company-wide meeting.

DAMN! That's what I'm talking about. What kind of company is it? Are there any job openings?

At this new company I started at on Monday, I have four and a half weeks vacation a year and unlimited/"honor system" sick days. All of the folks in the New York office fly to London twice a year for the company-wide meeting.

DAMN! That's what I'm talking about. What kind of company is it? Are there any job openings?

It's the same kind of work that I've always done (medical education/strategic planning for pharma companies), but I'm working for a British company that's owned by a French parent, instead of an American company. Those Europeans are serious about their vacation!

Those Europeans are serious about their vacation!

True indeed, indeed true. I need to work for a European company! A friend of mine works for IBM in Tokyo and she gets 25 personal days (to use for vacation or sick days) and LOTS of holidays. Week off for new years, week off in May for golden week, etc. Maybe I should move to Tokyo and work for a European company.
    My brother and his wife work for a law firm in Manhattan and have it pretty good. They work Tuesday through Friday during the day and stay late one night, either Wednesday or Thursday. They get three day weekends all year, great benefits and LOTS of vacation. They are leaving for France for two weeks tomorrow. My current job has THE WORST BENEFITS! Anyone else have a gig with great benefits?

My benefits are just okay, because the Brits aren't too hip on the private health insurance. It's still a PPO, though, so I'm glad about that.

The best health insurance I ever had was when I worked for a mom-and-pop shop. They paid 100% for all employees because almost everyone was related to the CEO/owner (the office manager was her son's nanny).

My last company had profit sharing and was able to make the 15% maximum allowable contribution every year to each employee for the last 23 years. It sucked because it was a retirement plan; employees weren't fully vested until they were with the company for five years. What people our age stay at a company for five years these days, especially in the advertising industry? Young people need performance-based bonuses--that's it.

My new company has legal insurance; there are law firms in the network just like health insurance. They will help you with any matters (including bankruptcy, estate planning, etc.) except divorce and suing your employer.

Young people need performance-based bonuses--that's it.

My new company has legal insurance; there are law firms in the network just like health insurance. They will help you with any matters (including bankruptcy, estate planning, etc.) except divorce and suing your employer.

Legal insurance? That is cool!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

A further question for the moderators: would you please ban this poptart already?

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

How many copies of the COAL LP do you have?

Cause I swear you makin Diamonds out of them.... Lighten up dude, relax them cheeks!!!

"Ain't no Love in the Heart of the City", I know this you should too..