Music Minus One

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I think this might have been discussed before, but outside of the one on the Groove Merchant Comp and that Bob Dorough "T***e ** H*n**" LP, is there anything else worth checking for?I have a few others and they never fail to bring some samples. KNOWLEDGE ME GAWDS

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I had one I sold that was all Bob Bacharach covers I kind of regret getting rid of it. Isn't the Bass players one with the white dude on the cover kinda hot?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Hey Day, don't know much about this, but today I found "What what happens! - Music minus one organ" arranged and conducted by Bob Dorough. Zoot Zims on tenor sax! They are not very common here in ARG. Just the other day I left a "Music minus one jazz drummer" (or something like that) at a store. Should I get back and grab it?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Isn't the Bass players one with the white dude on the cover kinda hot?

It looks totally off the hook, with covers of every rock song you want a cover of. Your best leaving it on the hook. I have a copy for sale if anyone is so hooked they need it.

I pick up every and all MMOs I find for a reasonable price. Same with Aebersold.

Dan

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's two bass versions. I have one that has really cool versions of "Feelin Alright" and "Watermelon Man" and I've seen another one that has some decent joints on there too. Nothing face-melting though.

Isn't the Bass players one with the white dude on the cover kinda hot?

It looks totally off the hook, with covers of every rock song you want a cover of. Your best leaving it on the hook. I have a copy for sale if anyone is so hooked they need it.

I pick up every and all MMOs I find for a reasonable price. Same with Aebersold.

Dan