Galt MacDermot
add on...

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    heres some more...

Paul Nero

Galt MacDermot

Bobby Bryant

Galt MacDermot (probably my favorite version)

Galt MacDermot (I got doubles of this one if anyone needs a copy)

The Aquarians

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    bam bam and pebbles

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bam bam and pebbles

post audio plaese

• Ray Bloch

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ray Bloch

Same version as the Aquarians. One was released in the UK, one in the US.

BTW I'm working on getting you some m*dern s*ul I'll be getting at via PM in a few days

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Julie Driscoll & Brian Auger

• The Poppys

• The Poppys
    hell yes!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Sons & Daughters of Lite , hella-wicked-vibes-n-shit

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The Les DeMerle version sounds like it's performed by the funkiest HS Band in the world, loose segments and all. It's a great cover. I like the piece well enough in its own right; seeing as how it's an instrumental, I always end up singing along (usually in harmony, to the shock and embarrassment of bystanders).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I heard a Harold Ramis interview on NPR (Egon from Ghostbusters, directed Groundhog Day, etc) and he described a "perfect 60's moment" when he was working at Playboy in Chicago. He went down to the grotto and saw the entire cast of Hair naked in the pool, singing Let the Sunshine In.

But the Galt version still kills.

Mike

• Terminal Barbershop might not be the best but its worth having. I just saw Galt in NY a couple weeks ago. They did Coffee Cold and did Let the Sun Shine In last.
    It was pretty mindblowing to see live.

• the one at the end of 40 Year Old Virgin, cause its so surprising and sillyly fun or amybe it's just Aquarius, but still that was coll...

• Jennifer Warnes (as Jennifer) did a pretty good & funky if somewhat conventional version.

• bam bam and pebbles

cosign

• i got a nice trippy version on some french 45...i'll find it and tell the name...sorry cant do soundclips...maybe i can have a friend help in a few days...this is a noice version

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Ray Bloch

Same version as the Aquarians. One was released in the UK, one in the US.

BTW I'm working on getting you some m*dern s*ul I'll be getting at via PM in a few days

They don't have anything to do with the Aquarians who did the Jungle Grass album on Uni, right??

no, as far as I know the aquarians I am talking about were just an exploito studio band.

• dennis coffey