FAVORITE VERSIONS OF PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Just a few of my faves... add on! BC&M ChoirJames LastLynn AndersonJoan Baez

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I should post audio of the other one I have up there...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i hate that song.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i hate that song.
    me too!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i hate that song.

i never listen past the drums.....

boom boo kak...boom boo kak..boom boo kak a kak......lift needle

• Glenn Yarborough. Just the drums though. I've never actually listened to any version of this song past the break.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i hate that song.
    me too!

Is there anyone who listens past the drums to any version?

• i hate that song.
    me too!

Is there anyone who listens past the drums to any version?

No.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i hate that song.

good to hear im not the only one

• My favorite drum break (because, really, that's all we listen to it for) is from the Anne Murray version, I think. Those drums hit hard and kill it, and then Anne starts singing and the thrill is gone.

• My favorite drum break (because, really, that's all we listen to it for) is from the Anne Murray version, I think. Those drums hit hard and kill it, and then Anne starts singing and the thrill is gone.

That break is ok, but I wouldn't consider it to be "killin it".

I think a big problem I have with that particular break is that the kicks really aren't clear.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    put your hands in the hands of the lor.....

thats all I have heard

• put your hands in the hands of the lor.....

thats all I have heard

Yeah, you really haven't listened to it past the break, have you? It's "put your hand in the hand of the man".

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My favorite drum break (because, really, that's all we listen to it for) is from the Anne Murray version, I think. Those drums hit hard and kill it, and then Anne starts singing and the thrill is gone.

I think a big problem I have with that particular break is that the kicks really aren't clear.

The one I posted up hits just fine. That Yarbrough one is kind of a bitch to use. I think I need to mess with it more, though cause I never put too much time into it. Has anybody used them for a beat?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• That Yarbrough one is kind of a bitch to use. I think I need to mess with it more, though cause I never put too much time into it. Has anybody used them for a beat?

Hell yeah, them joints is bangin', son. I've heard a few people use those drums on records. I think.

• Glenn Yarborough
    bcuz i found it frist...ha
    but nice soild drums...

• Glenn Yarborough
    but nice soild drums...

What up thun. What you doin' on here?
    Get your spellcheck game up though... these folls on here is gonna try to clown if you're not careful. They're mean like that.

• Glenn Yarborough
    but nice soild drums...

ugly cold. i flaked, hommie.

glen looks so happy on that cover
    james last version with "yarrrrrgh" wins for me

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Glenn Yarborough

but nice soild drums...

We need some new pics of your apartment, records must be busting out the front door by now...

Dana Valery is still my favorite because I found that one first sealed in my grandpops stash!

The one I posted up hits just fine. That Yarbrough one is kind of a bitch to use. I think I need to mess with it more, though cause I never put too much time into it. Has anybody used them for a beat?

Oh no, yours was good shit. I was tempted to sample it. What I was talking about the Anne Murray version with it's kick/cymbal or whatever combos.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

wow, i put too much thought into that post...i thought the X was supposed to be a piece from Perfection, implying that his version was perfect.

then i realized it was simply an X. the red tipped me off...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    oh, and i like a lot of versions...dana valeri's is damn hard to use, but i like it because it reminds me of some axelrod shit for some reason.

oceans is nice but the kicks and snares almost have the same tone! if this werent the case this break, aside from the pattern, would almost be perfection

lynn anderson's is cool

james last version on beach party is GREAT! too bad it has that buzzing under it that sounds like your turntable isnt grounded...nothing a little EQ'ing cant fix though

bert kaempferts = total shit, but that album is worth getting anyway

ive heard some decent private press ones but probably 19 times out of 20 they dont even start with a break

glenn's is cool

anne murray is cool but yeah...kick needs some help

theres one on this hit-songs-played-by-some-studio-band comp put out by columbia that has kicks that are practically 808s...holy shit. anybody else got this version? i think the comp is summer 71 or something, found 2 copies at the same shop but only had $1...

plenty more but im too tired to think right now

this thread just makes me want the infamous jesus break..

oh, almost forgot...probably one of the best is the Sounds of Sunshine version...as used by me on Untitled

• Alison Durbin

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Rip Smops

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Alison Durbin

Australasian diggers know the transaction

• muro had a reggae breaks comp with a version that was good ALL THE WAY THROUGH!!!!! very listenable. but i have no idea what it was