XXL

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
These guys have really stepped it up recently. Not that its ever been bad really, but recent issues have been getting better and better. The stories are actually well written! Something you dont always expect in rap journalism, and the range of subjects they cover is impressive. All the mainstream stuff is covered, but they still give chairman mao the space to do stuff like the full page madlib story this month. I suspect most of the decent writers over at the source probably jumped ship by now, and im sure that helps, but its definitely come a long way and its probably the best mag out there right now. What do you guys think?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    somebody had to do it

• I thought the new issue with g-unit on the cover was the worst one they've ever done.

I actually really like their magazine. I think it's on of the best out. But the last few have been really soft and there's just not many sections to read in their anymore.

I guess it's hard to write about stuff when nothing is happening and all the music is bad.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i cant beleive the people who used to do ego trip put out such an magazine. but like FunkyFlatulent said, theirs no good music/artists to write about.

• I liked the new one. I think its this month, they had a little write up on Dakah hip hop orchestra. Thats my peoples!! I was surprised to see them in there, that was dope.

eye candy was weak this month tho.

Source was good this month I thought. Actually the only really well written article was on how XXL is a client of G-Unit: something like 6/9 of the last features are G-Unit or Interscope artists, and their XXL CD is like 15/20 Aftermath/Shady/Gunit. Source has probably done the same shit.. I generally like XXL a little better, but mostly just cuz the eye candy

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I liked the new one. I think its this month, they had a little write up on Dakah hip hop orchestra. Thats my peoples!! I was surprised to see them in there, that was dope.

eye candy was weak this month tho.

Source was good this month I thought. Actually the only really well written article was on how XXL is a client of G-Unit: something like 6/9 of the last features are G-Unit or Interscope artists, and their XXL CD is like 15/20 Aftermath/Shady/Gunit. Source has probably done the same shit.. I generally like XXL a little better, but mostly just cuz the eye candy

For a magazine that does SO MUCH fucking dirt, The Source sure loves to talk about other folks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Source was good this month I thought. Actually the only really well written article was on how XXL is a client of G-Unit: something like 6/9 of the last features are G-Unit or Interscope artists, and their XXL CD is like 15/20 Aftermath/Shady/Gunit.

tell me you are being sarcastic here.