i need help

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i've offered to send an album to a few fellas via the PM, and although i know how to send single files (songs), i've never sent a zipped file. i have a pretty fast mac G4, but don't know how to do that shit. help me out hommies. -maciek

Comments

• ctrl-click the folder you want to zip and choose "add to archive" from the little menu (this is assuming you`re running OSX)

PZ

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nerd sending terds alert

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ctrl-click the folder you want to zip and choose "add to archive" from the little menu (this is assuming you`re running OSX)

PZ
    yeah, i'm running OSX, but when i did that, it just gave me the option to copy, and export the song list... when i chose export it was in "text" format....? so i need to install some zipper bullshit?

• nerd sending terds alert

• ctrl-click the folder you want to zip and choose "add to archive" from the little menu (this is assuming you`re running OSX)

PZ
    yeah, i'm running OSX, but when i did that, it just gave me the option to copy, and export the song list... when i chose export it was in "text" format....? so i need to install some zipper bullshit?

When you control click the foldser, this is the pulldown menu.....hit the bold one and it will create a zip next to the folder.

Get Info
    Move To Trash
    Duplicate
    Make Alias
    Create Archive of "folder"[/b]
    Copy
    Blah
    Blah
    Blah

That's in Tiger BTW

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    nerd sending terds alert

berd turglar

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

berd turglar

ferg purger

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ctrl-click the folder you want to zip and choose "add to archive" from the little menu (this is assuming you`re running OSX)

PZ

When you control click the foldser, this is the pulldown menu.....hit the bold one and it will create a zip next to the folder.

Get Info
    Move To Trash
    Duplicate
    Make Alias
    Create Archive of "folder"[/b]
    Copy
    Blah
    Blah
    Blah

That's in Tiger BTW
    hmm... my comp's from a year ago, so i don't think it's tiger that i'm running. none of that stuff came up. oh well, i can always just "yousendit" each track. thanks man. -matt