People are out of thier damn minds (ShoppingRltd)

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Things got out of hand at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Florida, where a man who allegedly cut in line to get a discounted laptop computer was wrestled to the ground, according to a video shown by an ABC affiliate, WFTV-TV.

Rerax yourself son, plaese settle down.

Comments

• ,... it was ridiculous

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    does anyone know if there's been any Xbox 360-related injuries/fights/violent crimes?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Things got out of hand at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Florida, where a man who allegedly cut in line to get a discounted laptop computer was wrestled to the ground, according to a video shown by an ABC affiliate, WFTV-TV.

People are stupid!!!! You'd think waiting a few minutes would kill some people. That same attitude applies to drivers in Killwaukee. You put your life in jeop on the roadways here, fa sho!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    That was one bleak video.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Man steals woman's just-bought Xbox at gunpoint

Associated Press

JONESBORO, Ga. - Bought after a nine-hour wait and for nearly $600, the new Xbox 360 videogame system wasn't a steal for a Jonesboro, Ga., woman.

But it certainly was for the man who pointed a gun to her head as she got home from the store Tuesday morning and ran away with the console.

Lines of gaming fanatics started long hours before Microsoft's latest release went on sale in limited quantities at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

Patsy Springer, a 53-year-old widow, said she waited since nearly midnight at a Best Buy store just south of Atlanta to get her son's highly coveted Christmas present.

As she was unlocking her door after driving back home, a man who might have followed her from the store pointed a gun at her and grabbed her Xbox bag, she said.

Springer said she wouldn't let go until the man pointed the gun straight at her forehead.

"He looked at me and said, 'Give it to me' and held the gun at my forehead," Springer said. "He got it and he ran."

After the man sped away in a car, Springer tried to pursue him in her car but gave up because they were going too fast, she said.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think it's all about where you shop and what you're buying. I scored a flash drive, SD card, clothes, and tons of CD-R media for cheep. Of course I left the house during daylight and shopped at office stores, but even Nordstrom Rack wasn't too crazy. I walked around the mall and I think I saw XBox 360's for $400 instead of the $600 that lady paid!

The only thing crazy was the parking. Everyone else was fairly mellow.

Stay cool shoppers and keep your retail spending up. Our economy needs it.

-M

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Man steals woman's just-bought Xbox at gunpoint

Associated Press

JONESBORO, Ga. - Bought after a nine-hour wait and for nearly $600, the new Xbox 360 videogame system wasn't a steal for a Jonesboro, Ga., woman.

But it certainly was for the man who pointed a gun to her head as she got home from the store Tuesday morning and ran away with the console.

Lines of gaming fanatics started long hours before Microsoft's latest release went on sale in limited quantities at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

Patsy Springer, a 53-year-old widow, said she waited since nearly midnight at a Best Buy store just south of Atlanta to get her son's highly coveted Christmas present.

As she was unlocking her door after driving back home, a man who might have followed her from the store pointed a gun at her and grabbed her Xbox bag, she said.

Springer said she wouldn't let go until the man pointed the gun straight at her forehead.

"He looked at me and said, 'Give it to me' and held the gun at my forehead," Springer said. "He got it and he ran."

After the man sped away in a car, Springer tried to pursue him in her car but gave up because they were going too fast, she said.

happy holidays, batches.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Christmas brings the best out of people... whats it about again?

• Things got out of hand at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Florida, where a man who allegedly cut in line to get a discounted laptop computer was wrestled to the ground, according to a video shown by an ABC affiliate, WFTV-TV.

People are fucktarded.

Order Summary

Subtotal: $199.00
    Shipping: $6.94[/b]
    Tax: $12.87
    Order Total:
    $218.81

Worth the extra $7 to me, and I still got a deal.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

People are fucktarded.

Order Summary

Order Total:
    $218.81

??? plaese to essplain

• Things got out of hand at a Wal-Mart store in Orlando, Florida, where a man who allegedly cut in line to get a discounted laptop computer was wrestled to the ground, according to a video shown by an ABC affiliate, WFTV-TV.

People are fucktarded.

Order Summary

Order Total:
    $218.81

??? plaese to essplain

Most of that shit people are hustlin in the store for can be bought online at the same sale prices. In fact, I bought my shit via the internet before the stores even opened.

Hence, it's worth $7 in shipping not to have to A.) get up at 4am and B.) not have to wade through fucktards.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Options
    Here is a shot from the Apple store in Roosevelt Field mall on Long Island at around 1:00 on Friday. It was like that an hour later, and an hour after that, and last weekend too, and all you overheard from people was "nano" and "ipod" and "g4". Line to pay was about 15 people deep everytime I lurked.

Seems like the nano (sold out at Target at 9am yesterday, none in stock in Apple store) and the xBox360 are the of the shopping season.

what is it with laptops and fighting? remember that laptop program when folls were rioting a while back?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Here is a shot from the Apple store in Roosevelt Field mall on Long Island at around 1:00 on Friday. It was like that an hour later, and an hour after that, and last weekend too, and all you overheard from people was "nano" and "ipod" and "g4". Line to pay was about 15 people deep everytime I lurked.

Seems like the nano (sold out at Target at 9am yesterday, none in stock in Apple store) and the xBox360 are the of the shopping season.

Apple is cleaning the fuck up! Glad i already got my nano.

• The nano wasn't even that good a deal.

People lose their damn minds indeed. I just talked to my wife, and her (shopaholic) sister dragged her out yesterday to a wal mart at 4 AM. People were standing around with their hands on the shrinkwrapped palettes to "claim" their one of whatever, even if they aren't letting people buy them yet. She ended up at the bottom of a dogpile of people rushing to get a notebook computer. Some guy got to em first and nabbed about a dozen. A riot almost broke out. All of this over saving an extra 10 or 15%. Luckily she's got a good sense of humor about this side of Americana.

Did I mention I'm happy not to go to the in-laws house for thanksgiving this year??

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The nano wasn't even that good a deal.

People lose their damn minds indeed. I just talked to my wife, and her (shopaholic) sister dragged her out yesterday to a wal mart at 4 AM. People were standing around with their hands on the shrinkwrapped palettes to "claim" their one of whatever, even if they aren't letting people buy them yet. She ended up at the bottom of a dogpile of people rushing to get a notebook computer. Some guy got to em first and nabbed about a dozen. A riot almost broke out. All of this over saving an extra 10 or 15%. Luckily she's got a good sense of humor about this side of Americana.

Did I mention I'm happy not to go to the in-laws house for thanksgiving this year??

I like my nano.

• The nano wasn't even that good a deal.

I like my nano.

Oh yeah I like my iPods too homie. But 199 is what a nano costs any day of the week.... apple regulates this stuff pretty fierce...