:: Behind the Beat - New book :::

lucerolucero 425 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
thought I'd start a thread about a new hip hop photography book focussing on the studios of producers, producers 'Behind the beat'[/b]

this book was a project undertaken by Melbourne resident & general man about town Raph Rashid aka Raph Boogie, and although I got along to the launch held here last week it wasn't until I actually acquired a copy yesterday that I fully appreciated the scope, and beauty if you like, of the project and the book itself..

personally I found the candid glimpses into the studios of the likes of Numark, KutMaster Kurt, Dj Premier, Dj Spooky etc to be both intriguing and engrossing .. all that gear, all those records, and all those idiosyncrasities

recommended, I know some of ya'll would be feelin this for sure

shouts outs to Thes One and Young Einstein who are both featured

some imagery below :::

Comments

• Dope...Thanks for the info.

I'm definitely gonna pick up a copy

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i pre-ordered this a while back from amazon. i just checked the status and it's not shipping till mid december while t.lab has them ready to ship right now.

what's the deal?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    not 100% sure .. I know the first print run was fully assigned (i.e TTL & numerous other spots) and a second print run is already underway, yours is perhaps one of the latter !?!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I got mine yesterday and I love it.

• Hey Hugh, I posted this up about 2 months ago...
    It then mysteriously got moved to the announcement section...

But yes, solid book. Amazing how the 1st print run has sold out, yet it took almost 2 years for Raph to find a publisher willing to put it out.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i pre-ordered this a while back from amazon. i just checked the status and it's not shipping till mid december while t.lab has them ready to ship right now.

what's the deal?

ttlab got advance copies

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Got mine today. Raph has out done him self very dope.

1st run has completely gone.

I just thought it took him 2 years to finish not to get the deal?.

Dose that mean it took him like four years to complete?