45 King/Latee 'Brainstorm' for trade - and others!

DWGDWG 334 Posts
edited November 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Looking for trades on these... PM me your own trades and we'll sort something out.Looking for late 80's-early 90's indie hip-hop generally, but I'm open to anything decent.Thanks for browsing...45 King 'For DJ's Only' EP (with Latee's 'Brainstorm' as heard on Ivory's 'Hear No Evil' mix)Homeliss Dereliks 'Survive'n The Game/Explanations/Critical Meltdown/G-Luv's Instrumentals' EP (sealed copy of this EP from 1995)Jimmy Jay 'Les Cool Sessions' 2xLP (contains Lucien's incredible 'Funky Piano/From A Town Called Paris/Donkeys' produced by Beatnuts - not available anywhere else)Intelligent Hoodlum 'Grand Groove/At Large' 12" (still in shrinkwrap, with SC)King Dee & The Bishop 'What's Your Opinion?' 12" (1990 Orpheus Records) - uses same break as Bizzie Boys 'Droppin' It'Level One 'Keep The Crowd In Peace' 12" (Fever 1988) - first Beatnuts production)Freak L 'Slammin'/Buggin' In the Crib' 12" (Urban Rock 1987)Kurious 'I'm Kurious/Mansion & A Yacht' 12" (Columbia 1994) - original pressingAntoinette 'Who's The Boss?' LP (Next Plateau 1989)Society 'Yes N' Deed/F.U.N.K.' 12" (Luke Records 1994)Vinyl Dogs 'Tracks Of The Vinyl Dogs' LP (Vinyl Dogs 1997) - features Lord Finesse and Kid Capri (sampled by Fatboy Slim - "Right about now! The Funk Soul Brother!")Casual 'Fear Itself' LP (UK pressing with rare PC)Mike Zoot double 12" (dope indie EP, beats by Showbiz/Spinna/Buckwild)Tracey Lee 'Many Facez' LPMunk Wit Da Funk 'I Blame My Neighbourhood' 12"Y-Z "In Control Of Things/Thinking Of A Master Plan/I'm In The Party' 12" Tuff CityKings Of Pressure 'Slang Teacher' LPUBAD 'The Legacy/Life's Getting Rough/Rugged & Nasty' 12"Abdominal & DJ Fase 'Fly Antics/The Vinyl Frontier' 12"DJ Shadow 'Selections' EP (UK promo-only sampler)Ultramagnetic MC's 'Make It Happen' 12"One And One 'Phenomenon' 12"Dilated Peoples 'The Platform' 12" (UK pressing with bonus 'You Make The Choice' track)World Renown 'How Nice I Am' 12"Saukrates 'Brick House' EP (featuring Common Sense/Masta Ase & O.C.)Tuff Crew 'Still Dangerous' LPThe Roots 'Phrenology - Album Sampler' EP (features 'Thought @ Work' album version - exclusive promo 12")Hi-Tech 'Book Of Life' 12" (bangin' indie!)Big Daddy Kane 'Raw/Word To The Mother (Land)' 12"Money Boss Players 'Area Code 212' 12"Money Boss Players 'Killed In The Crap Game/Players Pinnacle' 12"Money Boss Players 'Bronx Niggas/Mind, Body And Soul' 12"A Tribe Called Quest 'The Jam EP' EP (contains unreleased 'Mardi Gras At Midnight')Cash Money & Marvelous 'Find An Ugly Woman/The Mighty Hard Rocker' 12"The Beatnuts 'Props Over Here' 12"Steady B 'Going Steady' LP (UK pressing)Frankenstein 'UV' 2xEP (sealed)Nas 'It Ain't Hard To Tell' 12" (first press with sticker sleeve)Main Source 'Looking At The Front Door' 12" (OG pressing)Main Source 'Fakin The Funk' 12" (OG pressing)Dismaster Crew 'We Are The Ones' 12"Lyrical C 'N.W.O./Hit Em/Turn It Out' 12"KMD 'Whata Nigga Know?' 12" (OG pressing)Uptown 'Dope On Plastic' 12" (OG pressing)Almaretta 'Constantly Flowin/Rhythm Killer' 12"Money Boss Players 'Walk With The Limp/Players Pinnacle/Crap Game' 12"Diamond D 'What U Heard/I'm Outta Here/You Can't Front (... It Is Real)' 12"Hard 2 Obtain 'Rhythm & Blues' LPDead Poets Society 'Who?/Seize The day/Don't Quit' 12"DJ Shadow 'Painkiller (Kill The Pain Mix)/The Number Song (Cut Chemist Remix)' 12" (promo-only - NOT bootleg)Chill Rob G 'Let Me Show You/Let Me Show You (Pasemaster Mase & Prince Paul Remix/Make It' 12"Marley Marl 'In Control Volume 1' LP (European pressing)Atban Klann 'Puddles Of H20/Let Me Get Down' 12" (promo-only 12")Special Ed 'Youngest In Charge' LP (original pressing)Apache 'Do Fa Self/Hey Girl' 12" (original, not bootleg)Demon Boyz 'Recognition' LP (playable, but not good condition)45 King 'Lati Rock Da Bells/Put The Funk Out' 12" (first press - NOT reissue)Saukrates/Choclair 'Father Time/Twenty One Years' 12"Fatal House 'Hit List/Ho's Be Tripping/Godfather Of Rap/PHCHHES' 12"Black By Demand 'Can't Get Enough/All Rappers Give Up' 12"Ghetto Concept 'E-Z On Tha Motion/Hard Copy' 12"Stezo 'Time To Blow Ya Mind/Tention Off The Chest/Figure It Out/Where's The Funk At' (rare indie EP from '95/96)Duces Wild 'Gimmick' 12"Touchdown MCs/DJ Ruf Cut & Tuf C/The Afro Boys 'Full Effect Touchdown/Ruf N' Tuf/Black And Proud' EP Funk Freaks 'Check It Out' 12"

Comments

• Hey man just went through your list of trades and theres a bunch there i would like to get my grubby little hands on. Give me a day and ill post some indi hip hop stuff im willing to give up. Is there anything specific that you really need.

• Hey Chris!

What's the diff between the OG and the reissue? Is the one on Blazin Records the OG?
    - 45 King 'Lati Rock Da Bells/Put The Funk Out' 12" (first press - NOT reissue)

I'm interested in this, what do you need?
    - Stezo 'Time To Blow Ya Mind/Tention Off The Chest/Figure It Out/Where's The Funk At' (rare indie EP from '95/96)

Do you need anything from my trade list? I have a few more records which haven't made it to my trade list yet...

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Thanks for the responses...

I'll address each in order!

1) PM me what you have to trade and I'll see if there's anything I need from there... Generally, any nice indies between '88-95 are what keeps the blood pumping.
    2) O-Dub - I don't need the Dereliks EP (as good as it is, I already own it), but if you have anything else, hit me up.
    3) Alex, there were at least two pressings on Blazin of the 45 King/Lati 12" - I'm not 100% certain, but I think only the first batch had the sticker on the sleeve. I picked up doubles when it dropped, so I know it's one of the first I have here.
    Drop me a mail (usual address) if you have any nice bits to trade right now.

If anyone out there's got Project X, 'Back To The Lab' (Def Rhythm Productions) or 'Cash Machine albums, then hit me up. I'll do a good stack of trades from my list for anything really nice - Philly/NY indies are definitely 'up there' on the interest status.

Peace!

• Hi,

The 45 King record on Blazin' was one press. The 12" with the sticker is identical to the one without. I checked mine and the labels and run-outs match. Just wanted to help because I think that's a dope record!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Ahhh... thanks for your info.
    Well, when that record dropped over here in London, we were told that it was a small run (hence people grabbed what they could).

Then about a year (possibly longer) later, the stores got the next batch in, minus the stickers.

Definitely a great record though - both sides are ill.

• 66666666 29 Posts
    HEY BITCH DWG YOU NEVER ANSWERED MY PM ON THOSE TRADES

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ?

MY RECORDS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!

YOU COULD'VE LEAST SEND A REPLY SAYING SORRY I'M NOT INTERESTED.COOL BUT...

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE RECORDS WHAT ONLY SEEMS TO INTEREST

YOU ALL TOTALLY BLINDED BY PASSING ON SOME GOOD RECORDS.

I'M NOT A HATER,I'M JUST PISSED OFF. THANKS DWG !!!

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I sincerely apologise for my rudeness.

I shall respond as soon as I can.

Peace.