Post Up a Song You're Feelin'

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Time to post up! For me, at least - too much good music coming in lately not to throw out some MP3 action. No super-raers, just good music to share: Bar Kays - Waiting & Hoping from the "Cold Blooded" LP, which I got in the mail this week courtesy of a fellow Strutter. Like Memphis funk meets "Planet Caravan" by Black Sabbath... Johnny Robinson - Don't Take It So Hard from the "Memphis High" LP on Epic, and courtesy of yet another Strutter, this one in the mail today via a trade with **zz*. Good looks on this one, A*** - deep deep soul produced by Willie Mitchell circa 1969 D.O.C. - Mind Blowin' finally picked up this LP on OG vinyl at a record show this past weekend. I remember being down with a graf crew back in 1989 whose acronym was "M.B.A." - one of the endless translations was "Mind Blowin' Artists" (Hey, it was better than "MASS Bombing Authority") and we would always sing "mind-blow-in'" like the sample in this track, while binge drinking... Ricardo Ray y Bobby Cruz - Fire & Rain (VG-) and finally, to get in the Thanksgiving spirit, here's a melancholy tune with some nice piano grooves & harmonies...from "Bestail Sonido de Ricardo Ray y Bobby Cruz" on Vaya, a scratchy & soulful take on the James Taylor AM Gold classic...Word - post up some of what you're listening to tonight if you want - if the thread lives, I'll encode some more tracks later on...

Comments

• your Bird autograph?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    no

But I do have a baseball with fake autographs of the entire 1978 Red Sox roster - the greatest team to ever blow a 13-game division lead in the final month of the season!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i hope you didnt trade that Tommie Young for Johnny Robinson!?!

• Johnny Robinson - Don't Take It So Hard

from the "Memphis High" LP on Epic, and courtesy of yet another Strutter, this one in the mail today via a trade with **zz*. Good looks on this one, A*** - deep deep soul produced by Willie Mitchell circa 1969

This is much needed in my collection.

SoulOnMP3posts...do you have Bar-kays "Gotta Grove" LP?

i hope you didnt trade that Tommie Young for Johnny Robinson!?!

and the Albert Washington, if you must know.

Albert Washington has some shit that is

I'll post some up later, if heads start throwing down.

• no

But I do have a baseball with fake autographs of the entire 1978 Red Sox roster - the greatest team to ever blow a 13-game division lead in the final month of the season!

cool. I used to have a fake Eric Davis autographed ball.

SoulOnMP3posts...do you have Bar-kays "Gotta Groove" LP?

Yes. I just need "Black Rock" now to complete my Bar Kays on Volt discography.

"Gotta Groove" is the best of the lot, IMO.

that Albert Washington is nice? i thought i remember some people sayin it was
    i'd LOVE to hear it!

• SoulOnMP3posts...do you have Bar-kays "Gotta Groove" LP?

Yes. I just need "Black Rock" now to complete my Bar Kays on Volt discography.

"Gotta Groove" is the best of the lot, IMO.

I find Black Rock LP sleeves on the regular. Don't know why the record itself seems to be missing all the time. There is a spanish Bar-Kays Black Rock picture sleeve 45 that I'm after. It is most needed!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Time to post up!

usendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XDQKXUYW58GA28N0AJ4VXC9HE]Johnny Robinson - Don't Take It So Hard[/url]

from the "Memphis High" LP on Epic, and courtesy of yet another Strutter, this one in the mail today via a trade with **zz*. Good looks on this one, A*** - deep deep soul produced by Willie Mitchell circa 1969

Glad you got them. A major thanks for what you sent me. You are beyond dude for that!

i just got the John Cadman record today from Kinetic. it has a cover of Bar Kays-Humpin. its quite rad. very raw

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i'd LOVE to hear it!

Albert Washington has at least 2 nice tracks on it, one of which is a blues funk killer (I forget the name of the track but its the last song on side 2 I think)

Was a tough piece to rid myself of but I'm taking the Reynaldo cut throat style of binging and purging the list

i'd LOVE to hear it

not an end-to-end burner, unfortunately - but it has a enough raw tracks that make it worth most of the hype. I don't know if I would value it at the rate it sells for, though.

And honestly, Mack, even if the $$$ values don't match up 1-to-1, I think the Johnny R for the Tommie Y would be a pretty even trade. I like the Tommie Young, but the Johnny Robinson is just as strong and consistent of a soul LP, fer real.

Guzzo - Same to you, I'm happy with the trade and was about to PM you to say as much. Glad you liked the stuff I sent out - using Priority is the move, right?

me too, except im doing it to pay for brakes and car insurance

i'd LOVE to hear it

not an end-to-end burner, unfortunately - but it has a enough raw tracks that make it worth most of the hype. I don't know if I would value it at the rate it sells for, though.

And honestly, Mack, even if the $$$ values don't match up 1-to-1, I think the Johnny R for the Tommie Y would be a pretty even trade. I like the Tommie Young, but the Johnny Robinson is just as strong and consistent of a soul LP, fer real.

Guzzo - Same to you, I'm happy with the trade and was about to PM you to say as much. Glad you liked the stuff I sent out - using Priority is the move, right?

yeah i feel you, it's really all about the music man.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Sayin, Priority was indeed the right move, I got another grail of mine coming in the mail thanks to another strutter. We made the trade last week and I told dude to go ahead and send media mail...I'm still waiting

Themack[/b]: most Eastbound LP's I've heard have one hot track, one good track and depending on the album one or 2 other listenable things. The Albert Washington is actually one of my favorite Eastbound releases. Definitly better than the Bill Mason which seems to be the really in demand piece on that label.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    This sh!t puts me in good mood anytime I listen to it, and it have been in constant rotation lately.

Up, Bustle & Out - Bob your head

Peace

• don't know how to post clips but morris wilson's love tones

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Here's a two part radio show clip of

TANYA MORGAN.
    A great hip-hop group that I've hyped on here before. My favourite hip-hop record this year.

This is a recording from the Squeeze Radio Program on WKCR radio. It's got tracks, freestyles and an interview. It gets HEAVY rotation in my 88 Ford Tempo.

Part One

Part Two

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    don't know how to post clips but morris wilson's love tones

You can use yousendit.com, rapidshare.de or megaupload.com to upload the file you want to post.
    After uploading it, you'll receive a link to the file; when replying, click over " URL " on the right down side of the replying page, and paste the link. It's easy.

Peace

• I wanted to post up First Light by Percy Faith, but I'm at work.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    someone post up some rude rude songs.. im dj'ing tonight at his night and we can play what we want. need some pure xxx-rap! get to it

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Be the first person in your area to buy a Necro CD.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've been feeling this one:

Robbery

from "Mailbag Blues", released by whatmusic. Dopeness.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    Be the first person in your area to buy a Necro CD.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    no digger shit here, but I been bumpin this alot:

young jeezy + lil flip - me money