45 King Latee Brainstorm

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Give me some info on this record. Is there a vocal and instrumental track floating around on 45king records?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Give me some info on this record. Is there a vocal and instrumental track floating around on 45king records?

I believe it's just a vocal version. No instrumental.

• Copy I had was vocal only. Cool song but I'm pretty happy with my .wav file of it

I wouldn't be suprised if he used the beat on one of his ep's somewhere along the line...

Anyone else a fan of those Big Dada doubles sets he put out? Those are a lot of fun.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Thanks O-Dub. Would be nice to have that inst.

• I believe it's just a vocal version. No instrumental.

There is an instrumental, its on this record

its the track Small Doses

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    There's also a Euro-pressed double 12" thing with that instrumental on, but I don't think it has a tracklisting on the label.

• there's also a brand new reissue of brainstorm scheduled for december, don't know if that's gonna have the instrumanatal or not.

• there's also a brand new reissue of brainstorm scheduled for december, don't know if that's gonna have the instrumanatal or not.

its out already, on Tuff City

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

From Dusty Groove's site...

• damn mr fuchs should have finally made a 12" of brainstorm, with instrumental on the flip.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    It's also found on this record, the "Lost Breakbeats" 7-inch, under a different name:

Here's the mp3:

The 45 King - Mo' Butter

And because I'm feeling the Thanksgiving spirit, here's the sample source so you don't have to run over to the-breaks.com:

Cal Tjader - What Are You Doing With the Rest of Your Life?

Oh snap, they reissued this? Damn, I just arranged a trade for one too... Hmm...

• send that trade this way o, i been looking.

send that trade this way o, i been looking.

Naw, I been looking for a copy and just arranged a trade for one. Now that the reish is out though...

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Man, Aaron Fuchs never stops being shady, changing the artist names on this reissue so he can't be sued. The original EP has a remix of "7 Whole Days" by Toni Braxton...who the fuck is "Mrs. Bell?"

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

I believe it's just a vocal version. No instrumental.

There is an instrumental, its on this record

its the track Small Doses

Damn man how many of these records does the 45 King have? I have only three but I know he's got a lot more. And that 7"! Now I need to put in work to track some of these down. I knew that reissue EP was out but I didn't care for most of the cuts on it. And 45 King has a new album out with vocals from Lakim Shabaz on there call "Cat Jam" worth picking up. Thanks to all of you who provided this valuable info. I appreciate all of it.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Damn man how many of these records does the 45 King have? I have only three but I know he's got a lot more. And that 7"! Now I need to put in work to track some of these down.

If anyone's keeping track (and it might be only me), he has a bunch in the "Lost Breakbeats" series. They can be distinguished by their label color, and all were released in 1993.

If anyone can fill in the gaps, I'd greatly appreciate it:

45LP0045 - Red Album
    45LP0046
    45LP0047 - Yellow Album (Lost Breakbeats Vol 1 & 2)
    45LP0048 - Orange Album
    45LP0049 - Green Album
    45LP0050 - Blue Album
    45LP0051 - Gray Album
    45LP0052 - Markey Fresh - Once Again It's On EP
    45LP0053 - Lost Breakbeat 7-inches
    45LP0054 - White Album (Breakbeats) and "Brainstorm" EP (same catalog number)
    45LP0055 - Pink Album
    45LP0056 - Teal Album
    45LP0057 - Black Album
    45LP0058 - Gold Album (2 Vocal tracks, 5 Breakbeats)
    45LP0059
    45LP0060 - Test Press
    45LP0061 - Champain EP (6 Vocal Tracks)
    45LP0062
    45LP0063 - Blue Album (Tuff City Re-release)
    45LP0064 - Brown Album #2 (Only released on Tuff City, 8 Breakbeats)

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I've got 50, 54, & 55

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i've got 47, the lost breakbeats 1&2 in my trade pile if anybody is in need.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's also found on this record, the "Lost Breakbeats" 7-inch, under a different name:

Here's the mp3:

The 45 King - Mo' Butter

Damn, the link is down and I want to hear this. I was juuuuuuuuuuuuuust about to use a sample off that same song. I listened to that Tjader record last night as a matter of fact, and all I got to say about that whole album is

Re-post the 45 King link plaese!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Nice inst. So who's got an extra copy for me? PM..

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Anyone else a fan of those Big Dada doubles sets he put out? Those are a lot of fun.

???

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    send that trade this way o, i been looking.

I got a spare as well... if you're down to trade (and I'm not treading on O-Dub's toes), PM me...

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    Man, Aaron Fuchs never stops being shady, changing the artist names on this reissue so he can't be sued. The original EP has a remix of "7 Whole Days" by Toni Braxton...who the fuck is "Mrs. Bell?"

Do you have the correct artist/track names for the original EP?
    I still can't figure all of that one out yet... any help appreciated.