Price Check

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
How much? I don't want to over pay.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $2?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The seller only offers Priority Mail with insurance. WTF?

IF PRIORITY IS THE SOLE RATE, YOU MUST DISRISPECFELLATE!

(RIP MR. COCHRAN)

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I refused to bid today on a record I really wanted because the seller only offered Media Mail for $5 to USA residents???????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    $2?

no way! That shit has breaks!
    More like $3

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's on the KUDU lable. Anybody up on this?

BTW: found Steely Dan - Aja for a buck this morning. YES!

• 10 - 15 $

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SWEET!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    It's on the KUDU lable. Anybody up on this?

BTW: found Steely Dan - Aja for a buck this morning. YES!

whoa! that store owner did not see you coming LOL!

Major score, RAJ.

Can you tell me where to get an OG Boz Scaggs LP? I noticed you have him in your avatar, I think. What is his best work, please?

Thanks in advance, I just started digging. It's so fun!

Can you please explain sampling, too?

cheers,

Mark

• CRAZy - I found that too. But I left behind this other record, Trilack? It looked kinda cool in that corny 80s shit way, but dude wanted like 5 BUCKS for it. PFFFFFFT. Fuck that yo.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I just started digging. It's so fun!

Can you please explain sampling, too?

Samples are the records that say "for promotional use only" or "not for sale" on them.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    HELLA SWEET!

Yeah I found this really raer Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's" LP with the booklet, I was soo stoked.

It was wedged between some "Headless Hunters" or something and a "Tamiko Blue" (maybe it was Tariko Blue)???? I was so happy when he store owner asked for $10 for the Beatles LP.

The Beatles are quiet experimental, no?

-Mark

• Dude but some stores are straight smokin crack yo. I went into this place the other day, shall remain namedless, and dude was askin like all kinds of crazy prices on shit. He had like some shit called Topo? Whatever dude wanted like 40 bucks for it... crazy? shit 40 bucks that I could spend on some brew and some budz and make the phatshit! Whatevs yo I'ma find that record for a buck anyway you know I go to the flea market mad early like 10 in the morning right?

Samples are the records that say "for promotional use only" or "not for sale" on them.

Okay, so hip hop uses these records only? That make sense, since I heard they can get in trouble for sampling certain jazz. Like US3, that group is a cool Jazz CD I found, and I think a song I heard at the club sampled it. Maybe it was a House song or something.

Does Trance sample? What is exactly is electro?

Can somebody exmplain "beats, rhymes, and life"?

Also, the 4 food groups of hip hop? This guy wearing a beanie told me it was important to know them.

I go to the flea market mad early like 10 in the morning right?

That is sooooooo freakin' early! I like to roll with my crew to the Swap Meet at high noon, like a digger gundown. We are 5 deep and the dealers are shook when we take all the rare records like Thin Lizzy break and Toto LP (which I know most stores sell for $5-$16, but we got it for $1 only)!!!!

We have some new beats coming out, and a demo tape. I'll post up a URL soon, doggies.

• I liket this site
    cool site!
    tons of knoledge being droped

I wish more people would help me figure out this mysterious digging stuff. I am really confused when people say "take the time to the-breaks.com" because I went there and the guy was talking about politics. Is it a digging thing to be political?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Does Trance sample? What is exactly is electro?
    hilarity fany-shit
    mi lata es en fuego

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    venting the recent newbieness (although i may be included) by making fun of them nice is a good reply

however
    stiggidy still
    what happened to this place

• What is exactly is electro?

I'm more into breaks like DJ Icey "The King of The Funky Breaks"
    but elecdtro is good too
    annie, ladytron, fiscshersponer
    cool stuff

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm more into breaks like DJ Icey "The King of The Funky Breaks"

man I see DJ Icey records all the damn time

WHO THE FUCK IS DJ ICEY?!?!

• WHO THE FUCK IS DJ ICEY?!?!

"The King of The Funky Breaks"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

WHO THE FUCK IS DJ ICEY?!?!

"The King of The Funky Breaks"

Cool, now I get it. So why did my friend diss the funky breaks style from Florida? It sounds very techno or trancey, which is really cool actually. He told me he found a bunch of those smaller records, I think they are 6" or something? He told me some are worth a lot, but then I found an Elton John one and he said it was worthless. I don't get it.

Do you guys think electro mutated into the new rave dance style? I think it is a logical progression, no LTJ Bukem though. That guy is too "Intelligent" for me! I also don't like the dress up electroclash too much, I don't get how that is electro, since nobody seems to dance to it.

-Mark

Also, if somebody has a shiny new De La Soul LP that came out a couple years ago, like the bionix 3xLP, should I buy it instead of the one called "Low End Theory" ?

It must be better since you get more music and the old one's cover has ringwear. Was that their first one?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It must be better since you get more music and the old one's cover has ringwear.[/b] Was that their first one?

This is known as "stepping out of character."

• Word, Florida rednecks always come in the store asking for breaks. It took me a while to realize the differences between our funky breaks and theirs, but now I know. I guess DJ Icey is their James Brown, because thats all they ask for.

I guess it is supposed to be the modern version of Miami Bass, but I must be missing something, becuase I would be feeling it if that were the case.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    found Steely Dan - Aja for a buck this morning. YES!

Hey!! That's a good record. (Is it boogie or modern soul?)