Thanksgiving Music for the Whole Fam

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
For those of you having Turky day at you own place what music if any will you be playing for the family. We are having my girlfriend???s family for diner and besides her parents they are pretty bland. I have no idea what to put on, and since they don't really talk much I need to find something because eating in silence is unbearable. This is why the holidays drive people to drink. However a certain family member is an alcoholic so no booze on Turkey day this year.

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Mr. DeVaughn's first LP seems apropos.

Say - anyone have the mp3 of the whole thing? My mother owns no turntable for my OG.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    For those of you having Turky day at you own place what music if any will you be playing for the family. We are having my girlfriend???s family for diner and besides her parents they are pretty bland. I have no idea what to put on, and since they don't really talk much I need to find something because eating in silence is unbearable. This is why the holidays drive people to drink. However a certain family member is an alcoholic so no booze on Turkey day this year.

The Thanksgiving Song is Alices Resturant, available for $3.00 at your nearest used record store. 20 minutes of Thanksgiving right there. BE Thankful For What You Got was a genius suggestion.

On a different note I just discovered my favorite Bob Dylan song; All The Tired Horses, from Self Portrait, I recommend playing that too, because people will ask you what it is and you can say Bob Dylan.

Dan

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

On a different note I just discovered my favorite Bob Dylan song; All The Tired Horses, from Self Portrait, I recommend playing that too, because people will ask you what it is and you can say Bob Dylan.

Dan

Related note: "Wigwam" also fits this description to a tee. Dollar bin sunlight for the drunkest, darkest night of your life.

Oh, and again (seriously):

Say - anyone have the mp3 of the whole thing? My mother owns no turntable for my OG.