ebay question? selling product names as email addy

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
hey i have a question. are auctions like this legal?http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ8236115554QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItembasically xbox360 debuted today so i just wanted to see what the deal is on ebay, no surprise they are going for 1000 US. But i've seen a couple of auctions where they have a pic of an xbox an xbox in the title, but if you read the fine print, they are just selling you the email address. and its a bit funny watching the last minute of these auctions for the email addresses when they go from $600 to $1000 in a minute. i remember something like this before, but i thought it was a hoax, i just saw that sheit go down twice in the last 2 phucking minutes! are bidders obliged to pay on what they'd consider false advertising?

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Whats funny to me is the number of people with zero feedback that are winning stuff... I saw a xbox go for $2,050.00...

• I would think that would be a violation of terms because not only does it have the picture, but it lists all the XBox specs.

People can be such assholes.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Shit. Look at his other item(s). Looks like times are desparate at the ol' H-J ranch.

Sell the kids for food, indeed.