Soulstrut's Melting Pot Music LP

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Where can I get one of these besides the UK?

Comments

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Anyone??

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Not teh Break Raer EP, This! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    ah sorry! i dont know where to get it, but i guess it should be avalible at turntablelab.com sooner or later. you should ask olski. but thats a dope record! i love the imperial breed track on it. in fact, need one of those lps for my egotastic wall of fame.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Olski? Who's that? Yeah it's a good record but I'm just not down to pay 22 Eros for that album. Ouch!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    ah sorry! i dont know where to get it, but i guess it should be avalible at turntablelab.com sooner or later. you should ask olski. but thats a dope record! i love the imperial breed track on it. in fact, need one of those lps for my egotastic wall of fame.

You're on that record too aren't you?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    olskis that dude you see on the cover - the man behind melting pot music! and yeah my track cafone going is on there, which is why i need it for my ego-wall. got the japanese digipakraer and the regular german cd of it but they aint really wall material. more like on top of the expedit material.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    my track cafone going is on there

[late-pass]You're Devil McDoom? Nice track, I just bought the record yesterday. Sweden represent!![/late-pass]

And yes that Imperial Breed is nice too. Big ups to Hawkeye for that one. And DJ Day. And A-Ko, I wish I had bought the 7" before it sold out . SS is on that comp. And of course big ups to Olski for making records happen.

• my track cafone going is on there

[late-pass]You're Devil McDoom? Nice track, I just bought the record yesterday. Sweden represent!![/late-pass]

And yes that Imperial Breed is nice too. Big ups to Hawkeye for that one. And DJ Day. And A-Ko, I wish I had bought the 7" before it sold out . SS is on that comp. And of course big ups to Olski for making records happen.

i've seen some copies left at jazzman last week (or was it two weeks? just give it a try...).

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Thanks everybody.

As already explained this comp is a comp of stuff that I've been put out on MPM over the last three years plus some unreleased stuff. There are tracks from fellow strutters A-Ko, McDee, Hawkeye (=Imperial Breed), Dreskie Boogie (Queen Eve) and Day on it.

But it's not the BREAKBEATRAER SOUL STRUT album that's coming early next year!!!

We first released the MPM comp in Japan last summer. The release date for the rest of the world was early November and it is in the shops in Germany, UK and the rest of Europe.

US distro has ben a nightmare so far. Groove were supposed to carry it but never came up with any real orders. Now we have switched to Traffic but they will only give it a real release in January 06. That means at the moment TTL is once again the only place in the USA where you can get it. I shipped their order on monday (cd + vinyl) so it should be in stock soon.

We tried to hook-up with other shops and distros like Dusty Groove and Kashmere Sound Distribution but they were not interested.

That's one reason why I am working hard at the moment to improve distro in the USA so that the SOUL STRUT comp will be all over the place.

You can also mailorder all MPM stuff from our site directly. The CD and LP is 12 Euro plus shipping (7 Euro USA, 6 Euro Europe, 4,50 Euro Germany).

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Why is US distro such a nightmare?? I don't understand. A friend of mine released a nice 12" featuring Yesh and he's got distro problems too. TTL wasn't interested and of course Dusty Wasn't interested so I really don't get it. Seems like US online stores aren't really supporting US releases. I would think Dusty Groove would jump at the chance to carry a comp like this-it fits their style. Now we got to go to the UK or Japan to order a US release! Rediculous. Well I'll check TTL. Thanks.

• Honestly a lot of that shit doesn't sell. I can't give away indie/inst hip-hop at the shop. So that would explain the lack of orders, and perhaps the lack of interest.

TTL and DGA are different animals because they post reviews and people buy based on those reviews...

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Johnny give that indie instrumental to me. You know I don't really pay attention to the reviews. It helps but I need to hear the record before I buy. And TTL puts up snippets which works for me. A lot of sites do that, Dusty does not. Snippets is where it's at.

• Honestly a lot of that shit doesn't sell. I can't give away indie/inst hip-hop at the shop. So that would explain the lack of orders, and perhaps the lack of interest.

TTL and DGA are different animals because they post reviews and people buy based on those reviews...

Gotta love the madlib (no stonesthrow) style DGA reviews.

Its a great ________ record with a touch of ___________ .
    ----------------genre------------------------------------adjective

• Oh also I should mention it's the fourth quarter and not much biz is going on with distro, chain stores, etc. Folks are trying to blow out their inventory and stock up for the new year.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Oh also I should mention it's the fourth quarter and not much biz is going on with distro, chain stores, etc. Folks are trying to blow out their inventory and stock up for the new year.

Yeah that's true. New releases are minimal this time of the year.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Now we got to go to the UK or Japan to order a US release! Rediculous.

The MPM Comp is not a U.S. release, it's a German release.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Now we got to go to the UK or Japan to order a US release! Rediculous.

The MPM Comp is not a U.S. release, it's a German release.

German release? Are you sure? So it was pressed in Germany?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

German release? Are you sure?

I'm on it, so yes.

• Thats right, the compi is a german release. But you can force those US stores or the distributors to carrie those releases. Once I mailed them dusty groove dudes if they carrie the stuff and they said no but I can suggest stuff they should carrie.

This is the link to the section where you can submit the things.

http://www.dustygroove.com/missed.htm

The same goes for other online shops and distirbutors. If we all bomb them dudes with the idea to get those records it could work.

It reminds me on the MTV campaign back in the 80s where you should call your cable company and tell them to broadcast MTV.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Not teh Break Raer EP, This!

Btw, the only Soulstrut connection with that is the cover art by Mike 2600 and a few songs on there are by some "strutters". There's an entire Soulstrut album coming out on that label next year following the single that's out now.

But that CD/LP is a compilation of the label Melting Pot Music, which is in Germany.

• Day, those beats you submitted are NICE.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Glad you enjoyed the track m_dejean!

This is the link to the section where you can submit the things.

http://www.dustygroove.com/missed.htm

Im sure were enough people on here to make it happen...

Thanks for the suggestion!

You suggested:
    Artist Title Label Catalog # Format
    1:Various This is melting pot music MPM MPM020 CD/LP

• Post some other records too. It doenst look like a coincident if everybody is whishing for the same ONE record.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

German release? Are you sure?

I'm on it, so yes.

I know you're on it and that's one of the reasons I want that record. That beat you submitted was dope as is the other stuff on there. So it's legit then?? Just maiking sure cause I ain't out to buy boots.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks (Planet and 99 Problems), yeah, it's totally legit. That same song I did is also coming out on my next 12", too.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Thanks (Planet and 99 Problems), yeah, it's totally legit. That same song I did is also coming out on my next 12", too.

I want that 12" too.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Wrrd, Groove Attack pushed back the release date from Nov. 17th to Dec 2nd but some copies might be out earlier than that online. I'll let everybody know when it's out.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Well I'm going to look for it and see what I can find

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Honestly a lot of that shit doesn't sell. I can't give away indie/inst hip-hop at the shop. So that would explain the lack of orders, and perhaps the lack of interest.

I wouldn't consider the stuff I release indie/inst hip-hop but that's not the point here. As a small European label getting your stuff into US shops is hard because of the high Euro/low dollar. It's hard because US distros are more concerned about selling their stuff overseas than buying overseas stuff. I worked at Groove Attack (one of the biggest hip-hop distributors in Europe) and they are one of the biggest Fat Beats overseas accounts but Fat Beats never buys any of their releases. Which are not even all European, the do p&d for US based labels like BUKA too.

I can't talk bad about TTL. They buy as much copies of my single releases as Groove or Traffic and they are just one shop.

But I'm not complaining. I believe that people will eventually pick up your stuff as long as you release quality music and don't expect sucess to come overnight. And due to the internet you have possiblities to sell and promote your stuff that I'd never dreamt about 10 years ago. Before you start burning money with hiring publicists, doing ads (the official price for a one page ad in WaxPo is 5688 $) and sending out 100s of promos you have to build a fan-base on the grassroots level. If you do yourthing that way you can even make some money from 1.000 12"s.