Matrix 1000 V2 B52 PA System??

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Any of you guys used or know of these PA systems? 15" Sub & 2 10" 2 way satellites, built in 3 channel 700w amplifier. I am looking at upgrading our system here at school & these seem like a pretty attractive offer, both price-wise & portability-wise. Any thoughts??

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i have it. no problems. easy to move around. nice deep bass. i had some feedback issues once when I used it for 300 people in really small room. i had it almost all the way up and I think the plugs where i was at were not grounded too well. also later on i noticed my shure white labels were feeding back on other set ups.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Thanks

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    i have it. no problems. easy to move around. nice deep bass. i had some feedback issues once when I used it for 300 people in really small room. i had it almost all the way up and I think the plugs where i was at were not grounded too well. also later on i noticed my shure white labels were feeding back on other set ups.

I took Fatback's advice, and got one last year. I dig it, and I think my tables are the cause of my feedback issues because my CDJ never has any bass feedback. I have rented mine out to another DJ(friend of Fatback and NevilleC) and he decided to buy his own as well. Recommended if you do weddings, houseparties, events. It's big enuff for a large hall or outdoor event, but small enuff to transport easily.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I took Fatback's advice, and got one last year. I dig it, and I think my tables are the cause of my feedback issues because my CDJ never has any bass feedback. I have rented mine out to another DJ(friend of Fatback and NevilleC) and he decided to buy his own as well. Recommended if you do weddings, houseparties, events. It's big enuff for a large hall or outdoor event, but small enuff to transport easily.
    Thanks, we ordered it this afternoon, so hopefully it will be sweet. Ordered a small 8 track console with it so we can run the kid's bands & whatever else through it, the other PA we have is old as hell so we are due for a nice upgrade, I really like the portability aspect of it, ulterior bonus is that I will be able to jack it for my own use as well