Living Is Fitness Exercise -- Kimbo 1975

LazerLazer 796 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
For the love of Christ!!!!What can anyone tell me about this record and it's musicians? Incredible soul jazz for a track, then moog noodling, then crazy psych grooves, then flute jams, etc.That's only one of the two records, this shit is blowing my mind!two record set, one side with vocal instruction, one side all instrumental.Just f'ing nuts!! Any info would be great, no google help at all.THIS IS MY SHIT, TOTALLY AWESOME sound files to comei promise, this is too good to be true

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I have never seen that one but I have come across a few releases on this label, the best of which was called 'Afro Rhythms.' It's very very nice for a kids record. I'm looking forward to hearing some of the stuff on there!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i bought this a while ago. i should have known from the title that it would suck, but i liked the cover so i dropped the buck.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    This dosen't seem to be kids music at all.

Here are 2 tracks:

psych I See The Light

soul jazz Casing

more to come!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    never seen that one, but that soul jazz cut is definately out of place.
    I love when kid's records have an instrumental side, usally a good sign

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Here's another:

flute ish No Man's Land

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    coments please

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    never seen that one, but that soul jazz cut is definately out of place.
    I love when kid's records have an instrumental side, usally a good sign

I thought it was a bit out of place too, but when you think of the music as a whole it seems to fit right in.

• This is dope record, side B has a solid uptempo funk instrumental, "No Man's Land" that has a flute solo sort of similar to versions of "Burning Spear". The second cut sounds like some tension theme from a cop movie- nice clav line with flute stabs and even a short drum break.

There's lots of great music on these weird fitness records, I have one on the Orion label that has like a 2 minute drum break. Tough to find stuff though.

• Here's another:

flute ish No Man's Land

Yeah, this is the cut.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Please don't hate me for asking this, but any idea of a value?

• I've never seen it for sale, but its probably not that big of a deal since its on Kimbo, a relatively well known Excercise/Children's label; i can't imagine anyone paying more that $50 dollars for it, but then again, you never know.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    any more comments? i just love to share, should i post the rest of the tracks? are y'all diggin' it?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's not bad...I expected more based on all of the enthusiasm you had initially.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    any more comments? i just love to share, should i post the rest of the tracks? are y'all diggin' it?

I'm listening to the psych cut, nice. Any value would be greatly impacted by the condition. But, given the soulstrut factor, no telling what this would sell for on Ebay.

As you may know I'm a fan of Kimbo, Hoctor, Orion, AE and so on. My favorite Kimbo until now, has been the one about counting music.

Nice find.

Dan

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i'm an excitable boy

just don't usually hear this stuff on exercise records

Here's another:

flute ish No Man's Land

That is fucking nice!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    SICK. i'm feelin' the soul jazz and the flute.

you totally wouldn't expect this from the cover. even if it ain't worth much, good find!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    This is the good one on Kimbo that i have.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    fairly sure no mans land has been comp'd. Im fact i almost wanna say its a mansfield cut. But definitely exists on other libraries.

the other two were ehh.

thanks for sharing though!!! Seriously, i wish more poeple would include an mp3 if they are really hyped on something. Its just a polite thing to do. so props for that.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    thanks for the feed back. from the back of the jacket:

"No Man's Land and Casing used by special permission MUSICUES, NYC"

the rest except that psych cut appear to be credited to Thomas J Valentino

here's another gem:
    chase steez Midnight Shadows

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    credited to Thomas J Valentino

= guy behind Major Records (US library)

Generally these records aren't really worth anything monetarily, of course there's no telling what the right amount of hype from the right seller can do, but... I don't think I've seen this one either. I just couldn't imagine anything Kimbo going for dough.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Oh Snap, I'm soooo sorry, my dumbass posted the wrong song under the Psych track last night, that song I posted is obviously not psych at all! It's the least enjoyable one on the album. I greatly appologize, I feel like such a heal! Trust me, the psych track is very good, I'll post the proper one tonite after work, please forgive me.

I will fix my mistake.

To all that downloaded it:

soory you wasted your band width, but wait for the real thing, you will enjoy.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I was scrolling real fast down the main forum page and thought this post said "Lord Finese Exercise Video"

Now that would be some shit.

• Finally, someone is hyping up KIMBO.

This was one of my first KIMBO scores.
    Extra-dope record, at least 3 hot tracks.

While not a real value, I sold that record along with
    "Rhythm Band Time" and "Sittercize"(Kimbo) as a
    "Kiddiefunkbreakbeatraer" lot on Ebay around June of last
    year, and I got $60 for them.
    Put up a few soundclips, no reason why it should not
    do well. At least 30, maybe more?

I think we need to start a KIMBO discog.

RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT

Finally, someone is hyping up KIMBO.
    I think we need to start a KIMBO discog.

RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT KIMBO RESPECT

English, Diane/Di Tosti, Ben - I'm Teaching Myself To Count Music - Kimbo 0143 -1975 Count JazzSnap

Dodge, Jane - Modern Jazz Movement - Kimbo 4080
    For dance class. Green Onions, Side Winder

Stewart, Georgiana Liccione - Disco For Kids - Kimbo 7035 - 1977 DiscoFun

Brazelton, Ambrose - And BEATles Go On And On - Kimbo 8080 - 1971
    Ambrose

Verdon, Gwen - Prepares To Move - Kimbo 9091 - 1973
    The famous dancer teaches a dance class with small group jazz in the style of Hoctor records.

Dan

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    HERE IS THE REAL PSYCH TRACK, I POSTED THE WRONG ONE THE OTHER NIGHT, I THINK YOU'LL FIND THIS ENJOYABLE:

REAL PSYCH CUT