whatcha listening to on a Monday?

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central

Waking up, drinking tea and listening to Jimmy Hughes "something special". The first track " I like everything about you" gets me every time. Anyways, nice soul lp on Volt that I don't see mentioned a whole lot on the strut.

edit reason:
"morning" taken out of title by request of M.Mole

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'm being subversive. I got 5 people round me in cube city listening to AEIOU 2. Normally it's some radio station where they only play records by artists who can't make hits anymore. Like Madonna.

PS: does the whole world think they have above average music knowledge - kinda like driving skills?

• a 45 my girl bought me...fucking ridiculous...local heat! (thanks jinx for the uppage ) and some shit I just copped at the stoooo (just copped some fire!)...

but, as I'm typing right now...I just put on Music/Steve Davis...

• I'm at work listening to William DeVaughn's holiday-appopriate "Be Thankful For What You Got" on the computer's iTunes program.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    empeethree's of Wendy & Bonnie while I wait for my authentic object to arrive in the mail.

• Mix of tunes to be blogged in the next few weeks....

• Helps reduce my Monday morning stress.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i've mentioned it!

i listened to darling come back home by eddie kendricks before i left the house this morning.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

onto some Gary Bartz.

• Normally it's some radio station where they only play records by artists who can't make hits anymore. Like Madonna.
    Yo that new Madonna Hung up is kinda hot. I'm pretty sure she got a hit with that one. I'm feelin the video. I like that jumpin from wall to wall, Prince of Persia type ish. Plus you gotta give it up her for lookin like that at her age.

• mp3 mix of paul weller, the clash, oasis, parliament funkadelic, and cymande among others....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Nate B's radio show from yesterday. It's actually Monday afternoon right now, so this don't really count.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Leroy hutson-what you can do
    pump me up for my oral presentation
    now listnening the voice thats says "stop procrastinating your paper is already a day late"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Nate B's radio show from yesterday. It's actually Monday afternoon right now, so this don't really count.

I THINK YOU SHOUL SPEND MORE TIME READING MOTOWN67 RECORD REVIEWS AND LESS TIME OFFENDING

You own the triple crown of loc/post/avatar, dude. Sayig. RADD. DWT rules the world.

• I am listening to Gladiators "Trench Town Mixup" because it is going into the bins today and I always have like a nice little send-off for the record before I sell it

This one's nice, but not as nice as "Babylon Street". I tend to want to only keep the best record by most artists.

Waking up, drinking tea and listening to Jimmy Hughes "something special". The first track " I like everything about you" gets me every time. Anyways, nice soul lp on Volt that I don't see mentioned a whole lot on the strut.

You a NERD, J****.

Sike naw, I am listening to some fany ass downtempo remix of pharoah sanders on KCRW Morning Becomes Edujecumulated.

NIC HARCOURT IS AN UBER-FANY:

"BREAST BACKGRinD MUSIC RADIO STATION EVAR"

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I???ve been listening to a CD of funk 45s I made a few years back, getting into a few classics on the way to work???first four tunes were:

Mickey & the Soul Generation ??? Iron Leg
    Fugi ??? Mary, Don???t Take Me On No Bad Trip
    Frankie Beverly???s Raw Soul ??? Color Blind
    King Hanibal ??? Get In The Groove

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Right now: Bill Plummer & The Cosmic Brotherhood

This is a perfect soundtrack for a sunny & lazy monday afternoon!

Peace

I always have like a nice little send-off for the record before I sell it

radd

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I THINK YOU SHOUL SPEND MORE TIME READING MOTOWN67 RECORD REVIEWS AND LESS TIME OFFENDING

You own the triple crown of loc/post/avatar, dude. Sayig. RADD. DWT rules the world.
    Thank you, sir.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    ok, one thing i never picked up on is "FANY". I'm actually tired of seeing the word, even though I don't know what its referring to.

NIC HARCOURT IS AN UBER-FANY:

that dude is a total butt pirate.

"FANY". I'm actually tired of seeing the word, even though I invented it.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Its mondayevening here and I'm listening to marvin gaye singing Sparrow.

"FANY". I'm actually tired of using the word, even though I popularized/abused it.

My apologies, Meaty.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Successed! They liked the AEIOU, so now we've moved to Sounding Out The City - L Michels Affair. Corporate life is great!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

thanks docbeezy.

Successed! They liked the AEIOU, so now we've moved to Sounding Out The City - L Michels Affair. Corporate life is great!

don't you run a bar/club or something?

• Archie Shepp - Coral Rock

• todays first tune was: louie ramirez - ungawa