Stop The World/Black Rock Ron

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Now I got my Expedit up I finally can play some of my stuff that???s been boxed up for years.Just been playing Black Rock and Ron/Stop The World album and for the most part its sounding dope!I always liked the album but it was really let down by some of the weaker tracks but man I don???t care about those tracks today. Its all about ???My Hometown??? ???Getting Large??? and ???(I am) tired of all this??? they been sounding fresh pumping out the Denon today.Just wondering how this album was received in the States when it dropped?Over here it got some shine due to ???Stop The word??? being played a lot on hip hop radio shows (I guess this was a 12???). The Album even got a domestic release over here.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I remember feelin' this LP when it dropped. I used to play "Stop The World" a lot on my Radio show at the time. That dope '89 shit peoples.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The video got played alot. Red Alert would play maybe two songs off their LP.
    Strictly underground status.

• damn, i thought i was the only one who had this...doh! got it in london as well as big stacks of uk pressings of public enemy, epmd, etc...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I like "You can't do me none"

• What always freaked me out was the german vocal on that LP. In this part a person is saying "You must be louder if the should come back and play some more songs. Black Rock and Ron Black Rock and Ron" Dont know where this sample comes from but probably it sounds like coming from a youth center concert, and the host is a social worker. Dont know it for sure.

As far as I know the LP had a strong connection with Germany beacuse the A&R or the executive producer was a German guy, if I remeber it right his name was Juergen.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I like "You can't do me none"

And "Act Like You Know." There are some amazing beats on that album.