andre williams live NRR

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
so tonight i went to see andre williams. he flew to asbury park, nj to celebrate his 69th birthday and perform with local band the rib eye brothers. this guy still has it! he sang "bacon fat", "jailbait", and about 15 other crazy songs. i was definitely impressed. he has some smooth moves, and everyone kept calling him "the black godfather". big ups to andre who walked right up to me, gave me a big hug, and told me he loved me. i said "man, i didn't even get you drunk!"

Comments

• Why would Andre Williams be non-record related?

• Wish I coulda been there. Sounds like fun.

i felt that in regards to the post i was referring to his non record related performance..now excuse me, no more questions. (attempts to get out of locked doors)

i felt that in regards to the post i was referring to his non record related performance..now excuse me, no more questions. (attempts to get out of locked doors)

Sounds like somebody has jet lag.

Hey, all I know is that if the man makes music at all, then why add a "NRR" to the title? Be for REAL - I don't know what all this "locked door" mess is about.

Hey, all I know is that if the man makes music at all, then why add a "NRR" to the title? Be for REAL - I don't know what all this "locked door" mess is about.
    Explanation of locked door reference

• Be for REAL

still trying to get out of the locked doors...no really i was just trying to escape, and it failed.

as a footnote, i'll be sure to add RR to all my music related threads i start.

• Be for REAL

still trying to get out of the locked doors...no really i was just trying to escape, and it failed.

Jeez....what were you THINKING?!?!?!?

• Be for REAL

Jeez....what were you THINKING?!?!?!?

clearly i wasn't, and for that i apologize

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Wish I coulda been there. Sounds like fun.

One of the performers I want to see live before either one of us die. The other one would be Clarence Reid (as Clarence Reid).