NFL WEEK 11

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Okay, let's try this again...Nothing better to do while I'm watching the Sixers trying to give this game away to[/b] Lebron and them, so I'll let y'all know what it's looking like for these NFL games tomorrow:BEARS OVER PANTHERS:[/b] Did I hear them say that this year's Bears' defense is outdoing the '85 Bears statistically or something? That D is serious. They'll only go so far with Orton at QB, but I like this team. They're capable of making Jake the Fake Delhommie look very bad tomorrow.BUCS OVER FALCONS:[/b] Vick has no idea what to do against a Monte Kiffin defense. They will be the Mylanta Falcons by the time this game is done.COLTS OVER BENGALS:[/b] Although I can also envision the Bengals' defense forcing a lot of turnovers, picking off Manning about 3 times and stealing the game from Indy, they have yet to show they can take that next step and beat a legitimate team. So they still gotta prove it to me.BROWNS OVER DOLPHINS:[/b] No, edpowers. No.COWBOYS OVER LIONS:[/b] Don't be fooled by the decent game Joey Harrington had last week. He's pretty terrible.49ERS OVER SEAHAWKS: [/b] My insanity pick of the week. Makes no sense, but I can see the 'Hawks having a letdown on the road this week. Plus I just don't think they're really as good as their record.GIANTS-EAGLES[/b] Officially I can't pick against my Birds. I'm still keeping hope alive... I think McNabb out of the lineup is the best thing that can happen to them right now. But still, since I can't pick against Philly... I just can't pick this game at all.PROJECTED OFFENSIVE ALL PROS (SKILL POSITIONS ONLY):[/b]QB: Carson Palmer, BengalsRB: Shaun Alexander, SeahawksRB: Edgerrin James, ColtsWR: Steve Smith, PanthersWR: Larry Fitzgerald, CardinalsTE: Antonio Gates, Chargers

Comments

• Options
    PROJECTED OFFENSIVE ALL PROS (SKILL POSITIONS ONLY):

QB: Carson Palmer, Bengals
    RB: Shaun Alexander, Seahawks
    RB: Edgerrin James, Colts
    WR: Steve Smith, Panthers
    WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
    TE: Antonio Gates, Chargers

Tomlinson over James and our lists are the same.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    49ERS OVER SEAHAWKS: [/b] My insanity pick of the week. Makes no sense, but I can see the 'Hawks having a letdown on the road this week. Plus I just don't think they're really as good as their record.

DAMN PHILL! That is mos def insane!!!! Seahawks over the 49ers, Plaese believe it hommie.

• 49ERS OVER SEAHAWKS: [/b] My insanity pick of the week. Makes no sense, but I can see the 'Hawks having a letdown on the road this week. Plus I just don't think they're really as good as their record.

DAMN PHILL! That is mos def insane!!!! Seahawks over the 49ers, Plaese believe it hommie.

Well, they certainly should beat the 49ers... I've just seen SF play hard in certain games this year and they got a couple of upsets when everything clicked for them. And I've been watching all the Seattle games too... they do look good, but I'm also seeing some holes in that team. The Rams really played them well for most of the game last week. I can see the Seahawks taking the Niners lightly and not preparing for them properly, and possibly getting upset on the road. Trust me, I wouldn't bet the house on it, though. If Shaun Alexander starts ripping off 50 yard runs on those folls it might end up being a 50-3 Seattle win. STILL I'm sticking with my insanity pick. Good luck later today, hommie!

• Uh oh, Chan... halftime for the early games and all my picks look like they're coming true. Be very worried about what may transpire in Frisco later this afternoon!

• debardebar 215 Posts

BEARS OVER PANTHERS:[/b] Did I hear them say that this year's Bears' defense is outdoing the '85 Bears statistically or something? That D is serious. They'll only go so far with Orton at QB, but I like this team. They're capable of making Jake the Fake Delhommie look very bad tomorrow.

anyone watch this? this bears D is , and a sidenote: Steve Smith 14 catches, 169 yards. it's gonna be 2 straight years with the best WR in the league coming from Carolina.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    we have zero offense...

• i think the Bengals could pull out the W. they're pretty good spoilers.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    i think the Bengals could pull out the W. they're pretty good spoilers.

so far, it looks like it's gonna be a shootout, and i don't think many teams can beat the colts in those.

• it's gonna be 2 straight years with the best WR in the league coming from Carolina.

I agree with that Steve Smith is the best WR this year- sorry but I gotta give it to that ass T.O. over Muhammad last year, though. But as of right now I would take Steve over Terrell in a heartbeat, and that's just based on how they play, not even counting T.O.'s team disrupting antics. That dude is an animal.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    i think the Bengals could pull out the W. they're pretty good spoilers.

so far, it looks like it's gonna be a shootout, and i don't think many teams can beat the colts in those.

you are correct. 5 possessions.... 5 TDs... we got you cinci.

35-27 at halftime... these folls is out of control!

• Options

we have zero offense...

The Jets are currently the worst on offense that they've ever been. It's become painful to watch, hurts my stomach. Let me just run through our starters at QB for this year real quick for you....

Pennington (shoulder)
    Fieldler (shoulder I think)
    Bollinger (sucked)
    Testaverde (achilles)
    Bollinger (concussion)
    Testaverde (leg)
    Kliff something or other, our 3rd stringer who played two plays today after Testaverde got hurt for the third time this year.

I have to go watch a game Dec. 11th against the Raiders in the freezing cold with an engaged couple friend of mine who like to somehow remind you in every sentence about the fact they're engaged. Shoot me.

35-27 at halftime... these folls is out of control!

Naptown 10-0.

• Chan, where you at? Done sweating yet up there in WA? A little closer than you thought, huh? I'm still claiming genius status for making that insanity pick... it was unthinkable for it to even be as close as it was. That foll Brandon Lloyd is with those circus catches... that dude has made probably the 4 or 5 best catches I've ever seen by anybody during his short and otherwise unspectacular career.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    ditka, polish sausage, bears

• ditka, polish sausage, bears

"SAASAAAGE." "BEEAAAAARRRSSSSSSS."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I hate this dude.

• ditka, polish sausage, bears

ditka versus god in golf...ditka, tree strokes.

anyway this Texans game is hard to watch. yikes.

• I hate this dude.

Yeah... if you gotta rely on Maddox for much longer he's gonna play your team right out of the playoffs. Too many good teams in the AFC. You don't wanna lose a couple more and let SD or KC creep up on that azz. You know with Big Ben under center ain't no way the Steelers lose to the damn Ravens.

Wasn't Maddox half decent a couple of years ago? What tha hell happened???

• debardebar 215 Posts
    anyway this Texans game is hard to watch. yikes.

not for me! lj is a beast! have you guys seen the rest of KC's schedule? NE, DEN, @DAL, @NYG, SD, CIN.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I hate this dude.

Yeah... if you gotta rely on Maddox for much longer he's gonna play your team right out of the playoffs. Too many good teams in the AFC. You don't wanna lose a couple more and let SD or KC creep up on that azz. You know with Big Ben under center ain't no way the Steelers lose to the damn Ravens.

Wasn't Maddox half decent a couple of years ago? What tha hell happened???

we don't lose that game with Chaz Batch at the helm. shit we don't lose that game with Jerry Seinfeld quarterbackin.

but we can beat the colts with Ben.

your location is ill, btw

• I hate this dude.

I'm glad we got the win. It feels good to beat you guys with or without Big Ben.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

I hate this dude.

I'm glad we got the win. It feels good to beat you guys with or without Big Ben.

Made my annual Thanksgiving Pilgrimmage to Charm City. Caught my Ravens taking down the Steelers live and direct from my father inlaw's primo 50 yard, 22 rows back season ticks. Defense was superb. A special teams was the big difference. Boller should be taken out back and shot in the head. Tripping, stumbling on the snap a half dozen times. Plus, get rid of Jamal and let's go with Chester Taylor.
    BTW I am now 7-0 at Ravens games going back to 2000.

• Chan, where you at? Done sweating yet up there in WA? A little closer than you thought, huh? I'm still claiming genius status for making that insanity pick... it was unthinkable for it to even be as close as it was. That foll Brandon Lloyd is with those circus catches... that dude has made probably the 4 or 5 best catches I've ever seen by anybody during his short and otherwise unspectacular career.

Man hommie I was at that game and if Holmgren wasn't such a pussy we would have routed those batches! We could have scored everytime we had the ball. Our D on the other hand . I've been sayin it all along that the only thing that is goin to hold us back is our horrible cornerbacks. Trufant is a Cougar, so I knew he was a flop but damn. Dude NEVER makes a play on the ball. Lloyd has crazy hands but he shouldn't even be getting open. It was weird watching the Hawks in a road game. I was tryin to keep it cool but a couple times I started yelling hella loud. We escaped, the Niners will suck for 10+ years and their wine and cheese ass fans will only be able to look at the past for happiness.

• Man hommie I was at that game and if Holmgren wasn't such a pussy we would have routed those batches! We could have scored everytime we had the ball. Our D on the other hand . I've been sayin it all along that the only thing that is goin to hold us back is our horrible cornerbacks. Trufant is a Cougar, so I knew he was a flop but damn. Dude NEVER makes a play on the ball. Lloyd has crazy hands but he shouldn't even be getting open. It was weird watching the Hawks in a road game. I was tryin to keep it cool but a couple times I started yelling hella loud. We escaped, the Niners will suck for 10+ years and their wine and cheese ass fans will only be able to look at the past for happiness.

Yo, hommie... I think it's Seattle's year to take Philly's place as the best team in a weak NFC. Teams are better as a whole this year but still, all these NFC teams are not impressive to me. Da Bears exposed the Panthers, who are really not all that. I'd like Chicago if they had a QB, but Orton is not gonna be able to hold up in the playoffs. That's why I'm extra mad at the stinkin' Eagurls... if they were even nearly the team that I thought they were going into this season they'd be strolling to another NFC Championship game in Philly.

Alexander = 2000 yards? I think so.

• we have zero offense...

I am so disgusted by my own team that I cannot even muster a BWAHAHAHA to aim at your piteous aquaboys, edpowers. I hope I can at least manage a feeble smile when I get the Paypal payment notification for that $100 you'll be sending me around Christmas or New Years (a great time to receive a little extra loot).

• Yo, hommie... I think it's Seattle's year to take Philly's place as the best team in a weak NFC. Teams are better as a whole this year but still, all these NFC teams are not impressive to me. Da Bears exposed the Panthers, who are really not all that. I'd like Chicago if they had a QB, but Orton is not gonna be able to hold up in the playoffs. That's why I'm extra mad at the stinkin' Eagurls... if they were even nearly the team that I thought they were going into this season they'd be strolling to another NFC Championship game in Philly.

Alexander = 2000 yards? I think so.
    I'm just tryin to see a playoff win in my lifetime. 21 year drought in effect right now. Luckily the NFC really looks like crap.

• I hate this dude.

Caught my Ravens taking down the Steelers live and direct from my father inlaw's primo 50 yard, 22 rows back season ticks.

I'm jealous.

Boller should be taken out back and shot in the head. Tripping, stumbling on the snap a half dozen times. Plus, get rid of Jamal and let's go with Chester Taylor.

Agreed

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    we have zero offense...

I am so disgusted by my own team that I cannot even muster a BWAHAHAHA to aim at your piteous aquaboys, edpowers. I hope I can at least manage a feeble smile when I get the Paypal payment notification for that $100 you'll be sending me around Christmas or New Years (a great time to receive a little extra loot).

Phillllll,Phillllll,Phillllll ...i actually held back on my shit talking this week because i feel sorry for Philly fans....no championship in any sport since 82?......so close...so many times.....yet heartbreak after heartbreak ..and now i wonder how it would feel to wake up on a sunday knowing you have no chance to win.....we suck..but Dolphin fans actually believe we still can win every sunday..

AND NOW LITO IS HURT TOO !!!!

we've lost 3 straight....3-7 ..and i'm only 1 game behind you...

and if the Eagles do not defeat the Packers at home next week....LORD HAVE MERCY !!!!![/b]

what will you guys use your high draft pick on?

running back
    receiver
    QB
    D line

so many needs..........

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Man hommie I was at that game and if Holmgren wasn't such a pussy we would have routed those batches! We could have scored everytime we had the ball. Our D on the other hand . I've been sayin it all along that the only thing that is goin to hold us back is our horrible cornerbacks. Trufant is a Cougar, so I knew he was a flop but damn. Dude NEVER makes a play on the ball. Lloyd has crazy hands but he shouldn't even be getting open. It was weird watching the Hawks in a road game. I was tryin to keep it cool but a couple times I started yelling hella loud. We escaped, the Niners will suck for 10+ years and their wine and cheese ass fans will only be able to look at the past for happiness.

I was thinking the same thing re: Holmgren. In past years, whenever we'd open up a huge lead, his dick would go limp (shaddup) and he'd play conservatively. Why didn't he just BURY these fuckers? These are the 40-FUCKING-NINERS, for Jesus' sake. The reason why Seattle hasn't gone far w/ Holmy in the past is directly because he doesn't have that reckless, killer abandon to crush the competition. Well, that, plus our teams have generally sucked when they haven't led the league in underachievement. But this year, we've got our best team since 1984 (believe it), and D-Jack and Sharper will come back before the playoffs. Hopefully, the team's talent will finally offset his pussy playcalling.

I'm still pissed we had to let Ken Lucas go. I'm convinced that we couldn't have paid him, so a little of the sting is out of it. But Trufant isn't a flop, for God's sake. And he usually comes back well after off-games. We'll sure need him next week vs. Plaxico. Honestly: how many shutdown corners ARE there in this league, anyway? Not too damn many. I'm fine with a "good-enough" corner when we win our first playoff game - in a million years - this year. 11 wins, at least. maybe 12 or 13.

Look out for Week 16.