Humour and Hip Hop

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
who comes to mind? I think humour is something that is rarely discussed with hip hop, and god knows there's so much. My fav would be Prince Paul, the skit pioneer, he contributed vastly to that sheit, even musically his music is great and hilarious if that makes sense,he's the definition of "does humour belong in music"... Biz Markie is there for sure(that Biz Markie story thread had me dying)...for dark humour biggie kills me, u can just cite every lyric in "dead wrong"...kool keith makes me laugh, eminem had me laughing with him in the beginning, but that's changed to laughing at him, KMD, ODB and that was without even trying. oh and this just came to mind, that post a raer rap thread, there was a song by an mc that starts with him talking about his day eating cereal or some sheit, and the chorus is him just sort of screaming like a madman, the lyrics are odd, i dont recall the dude's name i was listening to it on my mp3 player. and though i dont really feel ludarkis, he just cracks me up in that missy song where he says "aligatorrrrrrrrr" and this album cover allows me to induct him into the humour category

Comments