Find of the month.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Who said that the JRM is dead? Finally, for $2.50:

Spectacular. Willie Dixon is a fucking genius.

File under: Feel-Good Story
File under: Mixtape Gold
File under: My Lungs Still Hurt

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Luck, babe, we wrote that on a napkin in the back of Junior Well's caddy while Magic Sam was throwing up in Koko Taylor's hair. Calm down, it's not that great.[/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    See, though:

I KNOW it's not rare. I know that it's no one else's find (of even the second). I know it's not really class. I like it because it IS.

The voice; the way Dixon breaks character 3/4 through, the unforgettable finish; it is a raer majick that brings a smile to my haggard jowls.

All overstatement sheerly for shock and gapers' delays.

Dig?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    See, though:

I KNOW it's not rare. I know that it's no one else's find (of even the second). I know it's not really class. I like it because it IS.

The voice; the way Dixon breaks character 3/4 through, the unforgettable finish; it is a raer majick that brings a smile to my haggard jowls.

All overstatement sheerly for shock and gapers' delays.

Dig?

I think you missed my joke (check the label). Is Yambo Willie's label?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Yes. It was. Willie Dixon also had an LP on the label ("Peace?"). The A side is an alternate version of the LP cut, and this B (predictably) is not on it.

I was hoping that D. Miller (even though this was ca. 1971) had nothing to do with this.

But it's hilarious that 250+ people have looked at this thread and only you and I have responded. The rest either 1) don't know know the deal, or 2) are thinking "why is THAT so special?"

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My best find of the month is a conpilation called Soul!!! that I think only came out in Australia. The highlight is that it includes Melvin Bliss 'synthetic Substitution.'

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Luck, babe, we wrote that on a napkin in the back of Junior Well's caddy while Magic Sam was throwing up in Koko Taylor's hair. Calm down, it's not that great.[/b]

took me a minute to get it. Pretty good. Weird picture of dennis miller. Did anyone else think he was cool before he went all crazy right wing?