George Duke-Save The Country

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Would anyone of you recommend this? I had passed up on this record maybe 10 times already. Is it weak or worth getting?

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    On Pickwick? Blue cover? It's pretty okay....has it's moments.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Yup, that's the one.

• On Pickwick? Blue cover? It's pretty okay....has it's moments.

Pickwick I believe is the reissue, mine's says Pacific/Liberty. Yes, it is good.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Would anyone of you recommend this? I had passed up on this record maybe 10 times already.
    Is it weak or worth getting?

It's alright. There's an especially funky, syncopated song on there and the name of it escapes me (I'm at work away from my vinyls). I too own the Liberty version. Off the subject, but I also have an Al Wilson joint on Liberty that's quite a departure from his later soul stuff (i.e., Has a decidely "lounge singer" feel to it; Weird). Anyway, "Save the Country" is cheap, so it won't hurt you to cop it. Enjoy!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

Pickwick I believe is the reissue, mine's says Pacific/Liberty. Yes, it is good.

cosigning on that, liberty and its very recommendable, a mix between jazz and rock just a minute before the real collision

• pretty much what everyone said. has its moments. it's aight.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I like it and would recommend it. Plus it's pretty cheap as well. And remember that the Pickwick version is the re-issue.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/list.php?category=D&page=10

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I like it and would recommend it. Plus it's pretty cheap as well. And remember that the Pickwick version is the re-issue.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/list.php?category=D&page=10
    Thanks to all. Damn, maybe I should spend more time reading Motown 67's record reviews and less time clowning on folls like Soul_Syndrome.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Thanks to all. Damn, maybe I should spend more time reading Motown 67's record reviews and less time clowning on folls like Soul_Syndrome.

I THINK YOU SHOUL SPEND MORE TIME READING MOTOWN67 RECORD REVIEWS AND LESS TIME OFFENDING