Record related dreams you remember

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
there was one dream a few years ago where i dreamt i was enrolled in some kind of hippie stoner college and while in glass blowing class, the loud speaker told me to report to the white phone. when i answered, it was david axelrod's secretary telling me that mr. axelrod would like to give me VIP tickets to all tommorow's parties and i was all shocked like, "Mr. Axelrod knows me????"

then i woke up. it was weird because axelrod had nothing to do with atp

--

the most recent rr dream i can recall was after watching the 'no direction home' dylan documentary on pbs. i dreamt i would be able to produce any bootleg concert video by just thinking about it before i went to sleep and when i woke up the next morning, there would be the dvd under my blanket. the nice thing about my bootlegging superpower was that i could just make up any concert like "dylan at the corner landromat '67" and i'd have a video of it.

that was a fun dream

Comments

• the most recent rr dream i can recall was after watching the 'no direction home' dylan documentary on pbs. i dreamt i would be able to produce any bootleg concert video by just thinking about it before i went to sleep and when i woke up the next morning, there would be the dvd under my blanket. the nice thing about my bootlegging superpower was that i could just make up any concert like "dylan at the corner landromat '67" and i'd have a video of it.

that was a fun dream

I daydream about this possibility nearly every day..."Man, I wish I had a bootleg video of Grandmaster Flash cutting records in my kitchen."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i found a stack of OG Melodie Nelsons.

and then i woke up.

• i had a dream that i had got one of the ambiance (II fusion) records and it was the greatest thing i had ever heard,so i wake up and way over pay for it on ebay, it sucked, fuck dreams

• Best non-existant record I ever found in a dream: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem full length LP.

Another time I dreamed I was digging with my homie King Otto and we came across this huge duffel bag overflowing with unbagged 45s. I remember pulling a Miami "Chicken Yellow" single but can't remember anything else.

• While sleeping at my then-girlfriend's place, I dreamt that we took a cab down to Stax Records, even though we're in Chicago and Stax is in Memphis - and not in business anymore. When we got there, we find out that Isaac Hayes and David Porter wanted to sign us to the label, because they wanted to make us into the next Delaney & Bonnie.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    While sleeping at my then-girlfriend's place, I dreamt that we took a cab down to Stax Records, even though we're in Chicago and Stax is in Memphis - and owned by justin timberlake[/b]. When we got there, we find out that Isaac Hayes and David Porter wanted to sign us to the label, because they wanted to make us into the next Delaney & Bonnie.

• While sleeping at my then-girlfriend's place, I dreamt that we took a cab down to Stax Records, even though we're in Chicago and Stax is in Memphis - and owned by justin timberlake[/b].

Not in my fucking dreams!!!