Car auctions (NRR)

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
So the mighty Guzzomobile is on its last legs (wheels) and it's time to find me a new vehicle to get around in. I've never bought a car on my own and I'm just starting the process, from what I hear most folks say car auctions seem to be one of the cheapest was to get a good car. Does anyone know how I would be able to search for auctions in my area? Anone bought a car at an auction that can tell me about how well it worked out? anybody like rackords about cars?

Help a Jew out

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Buy from someone you know/trust if you can. I've heard that auctions are good to get cheap used cars, but are also good to get totally fucked up cheap used cars.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    always good to buy off someone you trust...however no one I know is selling a car that I want. I'm doing some crazy search engine mission to find auto auctions but not coming up with anything

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Those Audi S4 Wagons are dope. Might cop one of those instead of the Magnum.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    buying a used car sucks. May the force be with you...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    carmax!

• Options
    So the mighty Guzzomobile is on its last legs (wheels) and it's time to find me a new vehicle to get arond in.

Donate it and get yourself a fat t*x credit for more than the blue book value.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    carmax!

whats up with this?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    It's a used car mall and they'll probably give you some trade in value for your bucket...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hey the guzzomobile ain't a bucket

its just a well loved senior citizen who happens to be missing his bumper

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    So the mighty Guzzomobile is on its last legs (wheels) and it's time to find me a new vehicle to get arond in.

Donate it and get yourself a fat t*x credit for more than the blue book value.

Sadly, they changed the law for this--you know can only deduct the amount the charity actually gets for the car, not the blue book value.

Charities get the Gas Face

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    buying a used car sucks. May the force be with you...

dude get a new corolla for $200 a month and call it a day.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Dude, I will go to an auction with you. I am tired of having a car me and my roommates write stupid messages on. I want a car people will not write shit on.

I have three friends who were/are delighted with the deals they got on auctioned cars in Bellflower or whatever, but unfortunately I am not flexible about having to have a 75-85 Mercedes, so it's probably not the best thing for me. But if you go, holla.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    pussy cow?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Just out of curiosity: where do you Americans donate your cars?

• Just out of curiosity: where do you Americans donate your cars?
    the junkyard

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    And you get a tax refund for that?

The car industry must be happy.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Large thrift store organizations, the cancer society I think, a number of charities use it to raise money.

Pussy cow

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Enterprise

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Just out of curiosity: where do you Americans donate your cars?

wayward boys homes

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Pussy cow

Douglas I think we might hhave to run them Bellflower auctions soon.

I want to go see Ca just cause I have a feeling he will die sono and I will feel incomplete as a Los Angelino if I do not make my way to pussy cow.

Anyone ever heard that commerical for Car Delaership that Daz Dillenger sponsors? I swore I heard a commercial on the radio once where they said if you can cripwalk you 0.9 APR.