Ebay Card Pulling: miles604 (fraud related)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&since=30&userid=miles604&include=0&rows=50&sort=3&completed=1Hmmmm, what do these auctions have in common? Let's see here, all dumb-rare funk 45s, all in Near Mint condition, and...hmmm...what else? Oh, that's right, all included in the Stones Throw Funk/Soul 45 reissue box set.Now, I'm all for 'doing your homework', and in all seriousness anyone who didn't find something fishy about these auctions must be totally clueless, but the bottom line is that this is fraudulent selling. And any of you tempted to give dude a pass b/c he doesn't explicitly say they are originals, check this out:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4795028873&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BIN_ITWow, what a coincidence! I wonder if he found the 3 other copies of this he's sold in the past 4 months at yard sales too. I dunno, maybe Egon's on Craigslist.

Comments

• Oh, I almost got fooled by this guy. He had a Booker Averheart 45 up last week that he said was in VG condition, so I wasn't really thinking it was the reissue, and the start price was 19.99. I sent him a message asking if it was an original and he never wrote back. Then I saw on the Funk 45 board that he's been trying to pass off these Stonesthrow reissues as OGs. What a turd.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I was wondering if this was gonna happen. Can't believe a) people try it b) get away with it.

Shame on Stones Throw and crew for being such anal geeks!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    It should have been really obvious to anyone if they looked at the pictures. Hmmm, that's not the right Dap Walk label... could it be a reissue? Duh!

The seller's definitely suspect looking for suckers... but he did find them without totally lying so it's tough to really call dude out. It's unethical but not really fraud. Those with any ounce of knowledge would know what's up with those auctions and stay far away.

DJ Ferrari

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    It's unethical but not really fraud.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4795028873&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BIN_IT

I dunno, man, this is an outright lie.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    sweet dig at a garage sale a year or so back

Sha right! Didn't see that one.

I wasn't trying to defend the guy at all, just saying that it's a worse look on the buyers that fell for it.

DJ Ferrari

• It should have been really obvious to anyone if they looked at the pictures. Hmmm, that's not the right Dap Walk label... could it be a reissue? Duh!

The seller's definitely suspect looking for suckers... but he did find them without totally lying so it's tough to really call dude out. It's unethical but not really fraud. Those with any ounce of knowledge would know what's up with those auctions and stay far away.

DJ Ferrari

It's super obvious when there are several titles listed together and they all appeared in that box set. Less obvious when he just has one title up and gives it a low condition grade. It's definitely a good thing to call people like this out on message boards. Whether what he is doing is fraud in the strictly legal sense is neither here nor there since I don't think anyone is suggesting filing criminal charges against him.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    nice detective work

Thanks for the lookout warning

• This person is in Montreal and I bet I know who it is.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This person is in Montreal and I bet I know who it is.

the plot thickens...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Give him a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Give him a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

fuck it, kill em

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    name/address/phone...

• that's wack. i think everyone on here reading this thread should bombard him with emails calling him out on it.

• Options

You?

K.

• This person is in Montreal and I bet I know who it is.

You?

K.

Ha. In as much esteem as you hold me K, this is unfortunately not me. Whoever this guy is, he's told me through email that he used to run a funk 45 night at Korova...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i still dont understand why people want to be a part of the story but dont want to give up any info?

if you know who dude is JUST SAY SO! all cryptic and shit... man up or dont write in the thread. waste of time...

and ross' lawyer friend in texas who pussied out with archaics rap tape... FUCK MAKING US FORGET ABOUT IT... throw that shit up online young man...

soulstruts turned bitch nowadays...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    i still dont understand why people want to be a part of the story but dont want to give up any info?

if you know who dude is JUST SAY SO! all cryptic and shit... man up or dont write in the thread. waste of time...

and ross' lawyer friend in texas who pussied out with archaics rap tape... FUCK MAKING US FORGET ABOUT IT... throw that shit up online young man...

weed delivery guy out of town again?

• i still dont understand why people want to be a part of the story but dont want to give up any info?

That's what I know - I got a message through the ebay system, so I didn't see his email address, and he didn't tell me his name. But it shouldn't be hard to put these pieces together...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

in due time...dude is making real world (true story) moves. plus its on tape, making it a bit harder to transfer over to the interweb. dude is DUDE, he'll get it up eventually.

never that...just growing up some.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

weed delivery guy out of town again?

naw i think im just tired of strutters rick... im so "the way it used to be" kinda guy that maybe i need to stop typing my thoughts here... most probably think im some crazy dude with one tooth that gets all agro and negative all the time... oh well... maybe msgbds arent for me anymore.

ill leave you all to your forum... catch yall in the sales section.

sorry if ive upset anyone lately...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

That's what I know - I got a message through the ebay system, so I didn't see his email address, and he didn't tell me his name. But it shouldn't be hard to put these pieces together...

It's prolly one of the douchebags who work at Beatnik. The guy who gives you the ice grill for not checking your bag.... like i would want to steal one of your overpriced reissues.

• and ross' lawyer friend in texas who pussied out with archaics rap tape... FUCK MAKING US FORGET ABOUT IT... throw that shit up online young man...

He's not exactly a lawyer. But hey, blame Mississippi (it's just easier that way).

And where were you the other day? You get caught up at Hot-Dog-On-A-Stick?

• give him a negative feedback - that'll teach him.