biggie and jayz - what you want

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
a friend just emailed me this..what's it from?http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3H6HL3WZHI2HI3UP6KF4WGGCS3was jayz originally on the track or is it a natalie king cole kind of deal?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    its on the new biggie joint puffy is putting out...

The Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter

01. Hold Ya Head f/Bob Marley

02. The Most Shady f/Eminem, Obie Trice & P Diddy

03. Spit Your Game f/Twista, Paul Wall & Bone Thugs

04. Whatchu Want f/Jay-Z

05. The Funk f/Nate Dogg & Redman

06. Get Your Grind On f/Big Pun, Fat Joe & Freeway

07. Living The Life f/Snoop, Ludacris & Faith Evans

08. Somethin f/The Game & Mary J Blige

09. Nasty Girl f/Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge & Avery Storm

10. Living in Pain f/2Pac, Mary J Blige & Nas

11. Want That Old Thing Back f/Ja Rule & Ralph Tresvant

12. Recognize a Pimp f/Too Short & Webbie

13. Three Bricks f/Raekwon & Ghostface Killah

14. What's Beef f/50 Cent & Mobb Deep

15. Hustler's Story f/Scarface, Akon & Big Gee of Boyz N Da Hood

16. Breakin' Old Habits f/TI & Slim Thug

17. Mi Casa f/R. Kelly & Charlie Wilson

18. Just A Memory f/The Clipse

19. Running Your Mouth f/Snoop, Nate Dogg, Foxy Brown & Fabolous

20. I'm With Whateva - f/Lil' Wayne, Juelz Santana & Jim Jones

21. Here We Go Go f/Q-Tip, Babs & Aasim

22. Ultimate Rush f/Missy Elliot

23. Make It Hot f/Ness & Aasim

24. Wake Up Now f/KoRn

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    24. Wake Up Now f/KoRn
    the majority of the guests are trash, but this is the of

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Puffy is a greedy muthafucka....

what i'm most amazed at is how Puffy (& Tupac's mom) could ever in a million years think BIG (or Pac) would be pleased with the material being released and the list of bullshit artist that get to be on these songs.....if Big were alive i think he'd slap the shit out of Puffy if he asked him to do a song with fuckin Babs?

these dudes are being pimped by their so-called family and so-called friends even in death.........sad shit

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    24. Wake Up Now f/KoRn
    the majority of the guests are trash, but this is the
    of

i dont have a problem with most of the guests in their own right but this album seems like an appropriate time to use this icon
    the word "shame" comes to mind

BIG (or Pac)

this is one of my pet peeves .......AND I DID IT!

i hate when people mention 2pac and Big together...its kinda racist actually.....like why cant they stand alone?.....why feel obligated to mention them together all the time? because of how they died? i mean really? yeah, i know i did it..but i didn't want to do it...and eventhough i hate it ...i did it.....whatever...just thinking out loud

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    BIG (or Pac)

this is one of my pet peeves .......AND I DID IT!

i hate when people mention 2pac and Big together...its kinda racist actually.....like why cant they stand alone?.....why feel obligated to mention them together all the time? because of how they died? i mean really? yeah, i know i did it..but i didn't want to do it...and eventhough i hate it ...i did it.....whatever...just thinking out loud

not at all racist because they're not being unjustly grouped together because of their race. they're being justly associated with each other because of all their similarities.
    legendary rappers
    murdered in similar situations
    unsolved cases
    and their catalogues are being whored out by either greedy folk or by musical fools who are making terrible creative decisions. it's like if alba was a prostitute and was being pimped by out on craigslist to a 14 year old pimply hate-filled boy for a pack of baseball cards

lets please end this race discussion now.

lets please end this race discussion now.

hahaha!!!

they're being justly associated with each other because of all their similarities.

legendary rappers

murdered in similar situations

unsolved cases

but seriously....the reasons you just mentioned are kinda the foundation of my stance....i just tend to believe it's primarily because of the beefs ending with murders...i admit this is very intriguing (did i spell that right?)...but for real...the media dont give a fuck about them being legendary in the hip hop community ...more like "look the two rich niggas killed each other"...i dunno maybe i'm a paranoid colored but i just would like for each to be mentioned as seprate geniuses who died like most of us die ...not BIGGIE AND PAC....rather let's discuss Big...done...lets discuss Pac .......but hey...i'm guilty also

• i thought duets were two people?

du??et Audio pronunciation of "duet" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-t, dy-)
    n.

1. Music.
    1. A composition for two voices or two instruments.
    2. A group of two singers or two instrumentalists.
    2. A pair.

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO GO TO SCHOOL.

• Puffy is a greedy muthafucka
    more like desperate ...

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ahh, i see.

i would prefer that if puffy had this vault of unreleased vocal recordings, that some talented dj would just mix it all into one mix with nice beats, that ain't lucrative, but it would be a treat. can puffy upload the acapellas?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    ahh, i see.

i would prefer that if puffy had this vault of unreleased vocal recordings, that some talented dj would just mix it all into one mix with nice beats, that ain't lucrative, but it would be a treat. can puffy upload the acapellas?

I get the feeling from the tracklisting and songtitles that theres basicly no vault of vocal recordings and that this is a Duets album in the same vein as Nat King cole's posthumous release is a duets album. Its basicly the same songs, but with fucked up new beats and trash featured guests.

Tupac at least recorded a whole ton of material before he passed and made it known that his main objective was just to get it all out there. He even said that they could fix the tracks and beats and stuff after he was done, but he just needed to keep recording. So I can kind of see redoing some trash jonny j beat from makavelli 5 or something. But even that doesnt excuse eminem co-executive producing his last album. THat was a big WHAT THE FUCK?

But this B.I.G Shit is WAYY worse in my opinion for a couple reasons. First its just old biggie songs. Songs that he made a certain way and released on his albums. Theres no reason to totally fuck them up. They were already a completed artistic statement. Secondly, they are songs that Puffy owns all the publishing for, so he can further cake up on the man's legacy while not giving shit to B.I.G.s own family.

Im not especially mad at the jay z track, even though Biggies vocals sound off beat. But still......its cheesy.