"NOBODY BEATS THE BIZ": is there an instrumental?

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i've heard 1 looooong ago..like when it 1st came out but i'm wondering does anybody have it(non looped)?i've been searching forever but all i got is a corny fake azz comp wit "something for the radio"possible linkage any1?

Comments

• i vaguely remember one of those av8/fatman scoop records having a rough instrumental but they put out a million of those. peace, stein. . .

• If my memory serves me correctly the instrumental is on a Dj Rectangle battle record. Possibly one of his battle records(the 1-1,000,000 series).

• i think the instrumental first appeared on the early 90's reissue of nobody beats the biz.

they reissued most of the cold chillin classics then, i think the series was called "cold chillin gold" and they all looked like this:

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    i think the instrumental first appeared on the early 90's reissue of nobody beats the biz.

Thats more like a DUB version I think. There are snippets of vocals on that.

• the original issue only had that dub but the reissue also had the instrumental.

the original issue only had that dub but the reissue also had the instrumental.

I have a re-issue with the dub.

• the original issue only had that dub but the reissue also had the instrumental.

if possible i'd greatly appreciate an mp3 of that

the original issue only had that dub but the reissue also had the instrumental.

If you want to I'll make it for you when I get home.
    But like I said its a dub, not a straight up instrumental.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    If my memory serves me correctly the instrumental is on a Dj Rectangle battle record. Possibly one of his battle records(the 1-1,000,000 series).

Sure that;s not Make The Music? that's what I have but could be a different record.

The dub version is also on the Prism original. Can't remember if it's one of those really annoying/useless dubs like EPMD and Rakim used to have.

• I have a re-issue with the dub.

does it look like this?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Dude, that's Vapors

There's a pic cover re-ish that looks like the og except missing Prism logo bottom left. Was discussed in a previous OG check thread. Vocal b w/ Dub

• well the vapors pic was easily found online. you know what i mean: same "cold chillin gold" sleeve, same label layout and colours.

the pic cover reissue is from the late 90-s / early 00s.

• courtesy of discogs, this is the one i mean:

" Biz Markie - Nobody Beats The Biz
    Label: Cold Chillin'
    Catalog#: CC3526
    Format: 12"
    Released: 1987
    A Nobody Beats The Biz (5:10)
    B1 Nobody Beats The Biz (Dub Version 1) (5:10)
    B2 Nobody Beats The Biz (Dub Version 2) (5:10)"

i remember dub version 2 being the instrumental. it's been a while since i listened to one of these, i hope i'm not just imagining it.

btw, 1987 is obviously a mistake, this version was released 1991/92.

If you want to I'll make it for you when I get home.
    But like I said its a dub, not a straight up instrumental.

its seeming like that dub might be the closest i get to an instrumental....many thanx for an mp3