fav talking heads joint

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
dont know what happend, but im constantly listening to them and the related stuff. "born under punches (the heat goes on)" is by far the sickest jam ive hurd.anybody else?

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Damn, Ive got a few..

Psycho Killer
    Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)
    Girlfriend is Better
    The Great Curve

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Psycho Killer

the live version or the one of '77... i know its a toss up, but the whole live show thing was rad. byrne roles out with nothing but a ghetto blaster playing straight 808 sounds!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    every song on their first 5 records or so...

THEY RULE!!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    discriminate man!

discriminate man!

hmmm.....

that is tough...

I've really been listening to Fear of Music a lot. I tend to think of their albums as whole things, rather than I like this song, or that song, ya know?

I "slept hard" on them for a long time, but they have been one group I just don't tire of lately...

good stuff!

• Sombody hates them on this board. I can't remember, but there was a T Heads post a while back or someone mentioned them in the a post punk thread or something like that. But the hate was like the Dude(Big L) hating on the Eagles(band) hate.

Sombody hates them on this board. I can't remember, but there was a T Heads post a while back or someone mentioned them in the a post punk thread or something like that. But the hate was like the Dude(Big L) hating on the Eagles(band) hate.

• burning down the house.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

cross eyed & painless

• Sombody hates them on this board. I can't remember, but there was a T Heads post a while back or someone mentioned them in the a post punk thread or something like that. But the hate was like the Dude(Big L) hating on the Eagles(band) hate.

I think I actually prefer the Eagles.

I was hatin' on them and then crazypoprock told me to listen to "Slippery People". Coincidentally enough, a day later I copped a free copy of "Speaking In Tongues".

Put on "Slippery People". Immediately recognized it from many a trip to the grocery store.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I like the obvious songs, but I also like "Flowers".

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Psycho Killer

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Drugs

- J

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    one ive been listening to alot lately is "making flippy floppy", the chorus is total heat.

• my top joint is "This Must Be The Place" but lately i've re-discovered my "making flippy floppy"/"slippery people" 12 inch that has both songs remixed by Jellybean and Byrn

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    No Compassion
    I Want to Live

• igboigbo 44 Posts
    "Book I Read" has the funky disco bass line...IMO, Tina Weymouth's bass playing really helped make that band as funky as it was