OPEN THAT SHIT!! (RR)

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I know theres some of you dudes that have fany looking sealed records that you were scurrred to crack. This thread is your official chance to OPEN THAT SHIT!! Im my opinion, if you are a music lover the only sealed records in your collection should be doubles of things you already have. Its your duty as a crate digger to be cracking that shrinkwrap on shit people might not have heard before. So Open that Shit! Even if you know generally whats on it, crack it and tell us if your feeling it. Post an mp3 or 2 if you want. Show us a picture. Ill start. I have a sealed copy of Sapo S/T on bell, Ive never really listened to the rest of the album. Cracking it now! I only know the trainspotter song, "been had", but ill post it now. heres the cover of a cd version. http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2UEYL0GCXRUOS2RXOAVJAAOA99 ]Heres a link for your reference. Review to follow! Now what have you guys got? Doesnt have to be raer, just sealed, and something you havent heard before. Little dudes can play too.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Great Collectros may also utilize this opportunity to floss the raerest sealed record in their collection. But only if its a double, or something huge, like mulato or something everybody knows, but even then i say open it if its your only copy.

Owning the reissue would be acceptable too. But please no cracking the reissues.

• I've got some sealed copies of Frank Lowe- Black Beings on ESP, but I've got one opened already so I'm going to leave the others sealed for now. The only one I have sealed that I haven't heard is the Roosevelt Sykes- Feel Like Blowing My Horn LP on Delmark. I will crack that bad boy open...tonight!

I've got some sealed copies of Frank Lowe- Black Beings on ESP, but I've got one opened already so I'm going to leave the others sealed for now. The only one I have sealed that I haven't heard is the Roosevelt Sykes- Feel Like Blowing My Horn LP on Delmark. I will crack that bad boy open...tonight!

Do that shit! Its the right thing to do! Tell us how it is. PLease post either a picture or some music.

You guys are totally gonna let this thread die arent you?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yes.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Let the thread live. Unless I'm going to offload it straight away, I crack it open. Of course, that's a recent development after years of hoarding sealed records like a fool. The only two sealed pieces I still hold are doubles of Ellen McIlwaine's 'We The People'and Chet Baker's 'Blood, Chet and Tears', neither of which are rare or more valuable for being sealed.

Yes.

fine, well, the sapo record is good. Im glad i opened it.

thanks to those who contributed.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I have an extra Pookah album that's sealed, but that won't impress the big dudes so I won't open it.

• The only one I have sealed that I haven't heard is the Roosevelt Sykes- Feel Like Blowing My Horn LP on Delmark. I will crack that bad boy open...tonight!

If you are any kind of fan of piano blues, you will not be sorry. (Is that the album with "I'm A Nut" on it?)