bush approval rating tanking

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
37% is pretty freakin bad. http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html
For the first time, more than half of the public thinks Bush is not honest and trustworthy -- 52 percent to 46 percent.A week ago, President Bush campaigned for Virginia gubernatorial candidate Jerry Kilgore, who lost the election a day later to Democratic Lt. Gov. Tim Kaine.In the poll, 56 percent of registered voters said they would be likely to vote against a local candidate supported by Bush, while 34 percent said the opposite.Only 9 percent said their first choice in next year's elections would be a Republican who supports Bush on almost every major issue.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    *que terrorist attack.

• que terrorist attack?[/b]

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think Clinton's rating dropped that low during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. In fact it might've dropped a little lower. The difference with Bush is that he's getting it from all sides (Katrina, dead Social Security plan, etc.) and one issue (Iraq) he can't fix.

• ok, this last election was ok. next november will be the true test of whether this country has a brain or not. santorum should be dog food.

but a lot can change between now and then.

dick cheyney: "mwahaaaaaaahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa"

• next november will be the true test of whether this country has a brain or not.

Already another election next year? Let's hope the democrats have someone running with a few ounces more charisma than Kerrey...

• ok, this last election was ok. next november will be the true test of whether this country has a brain or not. santorum should be dog food.

america is doomed

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    I think Clinton's rating dropped that low during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. In fact it might've dropped a little lower. The difference with Bush is that he's getting it from all sides (Katrina, dead Social Security plan, etc.) and one issue (Iraq) he can't fix.

Nope, Clinton's actually rose during part of the Lewinsky scandal.

His low point was in '93 @ 36% (recession)

• 37% is pretty freakin bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/14/bush.poll/index.html

For the first time, more than half of the public thinks Bush is not honest and trustworthy -- 52 percent to 46 percent.

A week ago, President Bush campaigned for Virginia gubernatorial candidate Jerry Kilgore, who lost the election a day later to Democratic Lt. Gov. Tim Kaine.

In the poll, 56 percent of registered voters said they would be likely to vote against a local candidate supported by Bush, while 34 percent said the opposite.

Only 9 percent said their first choice in next year's elections would be a Republican who supports Bush on almost every major issue.[/b]

It would've been nice if all those Bush voters would've come to this realization, say, 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe 6.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    next november will be the true test of whether this country has a brain or not.

Already another election next year? Let's hope the democrats have someone running with a few ounces more charisma than Kerrey...

umm not presidential.

• next november will be the true test of whether this country has a brain or not.

Yeah. Look at what electing the guy with "charisma" got us...

• kerry ran a jackass campaign. how many times did he change campaign managers??
    he had to stage some comeback shit to get through the primaries. i'm happy with him in the senate for life.

whats the work on jeb running?

if we ever have a preseident named "jeb", you know sharecropping aint to far around the corner

• kerry ran a jackass campaign. how many times did he change campaign managers??
    he had to stage some comeback shit to get through the primaries. i'm happy with him in the senate for life.

I know, I know....I'm just saying that "charisma" is a horribly overrated quality in a President, as opposed to say, intelligence, competency or honesty...

if we ever have a preseident named "jeb", you know sharecropping aint to far around the corner

God fucking help us.......

• Nope, Clinton's actually rose during part of the Lewinsky scandal.

AYO!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    kerry ran a jackass campaign. how many times did he change campaign managers??

I know, I know....I'm just saying that "charisma" is a horribly overrated quality in a President, as opposed to say, intelligence, competency or honesty...

God fucking help us.......

Yeah man, i remember watching the debate, ex CIA worker, vice presidential experience, ivy league vs non-travelled, babling fool, cocaine using alcoholic..

"what about youre tax cuts being higher for the rich" "that's just fuzzy math"

"oh but gore is boring!" nice job geniuses, that was a hard choice

When he got "elected" (coughfloridacough) i remeber thinking to myself. "this could be cruise control i just hope something fucked up does not happen." and then the morning after the 10th of september came

• The democrats need to keep hammering home the message that Bush tricked everyone into going to war. That he fooled them all with the intelligence.

Towards that end, I suggest the 2006 campaign slogan "Democrats - We're stupider than Bush"

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Nope, Clinton's actually rose during part of the Lewinsky scandal.

AYO!

now that's funny

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    holla @ a 2% approval rating among black voters.

TWO

PERCENT

Even Bush Sr. and Reagan were in 20% territory.

Think about it. It's crazy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yeah man, i remember watching the debate, ex CIA worker, vice presidential experience, ivy league vs non-travelled, babling fool, cocaine using alcoholic..

"what about youre tax cuts being higher for the rich" "that's just fuzzy math"

"oh but gore is boring!" nice job geniuses, that was a hard choice

Yeah, I remember watching those debates, watching George flail about like an 8th grader who had forgotten to do the big presentation that's due today, and thinking, "Gore's a stiff, but Bush is a fucking moron. There's no way anybody could ever be stupid enough to vote for him--he's clearly deficient in a great many ways."

Ah, but I forgot H.L. Mencken's dictum, and the country's been spiraling down the shitter ever since.

And I have never understood the "he seems like a good guy--the kind of guy you'd want to drink a beer with!" voting rationale. Hey, lots of my friends are great folks. Exactly the type of people you'd want to drink a beer or three with. But I don't want any of 'em running the country. You know who I want running the country? A fucking nerd. A policy wonk. Somebody who gets excited over the drudgery of governing. Somebody who has spent the better part of his adult life learning about government. Somebody who can be presented with incredibly complex situations, make sense of them, and figure out appropriate action.

In other words, I want competence at the very least. After all, look what a mere five years of incompetence has wrought.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    kerry ran a jackass campaign. how many times did he change campaign managers??

anyone else think the gop will implode from in-fighting this cycle? frist v. someone evil from texas is gonna be ugly...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

TWO

PERCENT

But Bush loooooooves black people! Condi's all the proof you'll ever need (or get) for that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

TWO

PERCENT

Nice...
    now if only they would'nt block elderly black people from voting
    Latino vote take this as an example por fav.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I have never understood the "he seems like a good guy--the kind of guy you'd want to drink a beer with!" voting rationale. Hey, lots of my friends are great folks. Exactly the type of people you'd want to drink a beer or three with. But I don't want any of 'em running the country. You know who I want running the country? A fucking nerd. A policy wonk. Somebody who gets excited over the drudgery of governing. Somebody who has spent the better part of his adult life learning about government. Somebody who can be presented with incredibly complex situations, make sense of them, and figure out appropriate action.

In other words, I want competence at the very least. After all, look what a mere five years of incompetence has wrought.
    amen

• I have never understood the "he seems like a good guy--the kind of guy you'd want to drink a beer with!" voting rationale. Hey, lots of my friends are great folks. Exactly the type of people you'd want to drink a beer or three with. But I don't want any of 'em running the country. You know who I want running the country? A fucking nerd. A policy wonk. Somebody who gets excited over the drudgery of governing. Somebody who has spent the better part of his adult life learning about government. Somebody who can be presented with incredibly complex situations, make sense of them, and figure out appropriate action.

amen

Did someone just call?

• holla @ a 2% approval rating among black voters.

TWO

PERCENT

But Bush loooooooves black people! Condi's all the proof you'll ever need (or get) for that.

What, don't awkward hugs of black children in photo-ops count?

He's got two percent to rub together!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

And I have never understood the "he seems like a good guy--the kind of guy you'd want to drink a beer with!" voting rationale.

Remeber the NASCAR drivers for bush thing

Exactly the kind of demographic crap that one him the election
    i saw those drivers sayin all sorts of shit "he's an honest man, when he shakes your hand he looks at ya straight in the eyes" so he's apt to run the country nice!

The no-passport thing should have been the most blantant thing to highlight bush's incompetence. I will become the worlds most important diplomat without having travelled""the last 2 companies i ran we're almost bankrupt after my management" the list goes on

lets not forget about this fiasco

I have courage--->vote bush

• I have never understood the "he seems like a good guy--the kind of guy you'd want to drink a beer with!" voting rationale. Hey, lots of my friends are great folks. Exactly the type of people you'd want to drink a beer or three with. But I don't want any of 'em running the country. You know who I want running the country? A fucking nerd. A policy wonk. Somebody who gets excited over the drudgery of governing. Somebody who has spent the better part of his adult life learning about government. Somebody who can be presented with incredibly complex situations, make sense of them, and figure out appropriate action.

amen

Did someone just call?

Jimmy Carter's got stuff stuck in his turds that could do a better job than Bush...

• The democrats need to keep hammering home the message that Bush tricked everyone into going to war. That he fooled them all with the intelligence.

That could backfire. I think most people have already made up their minds about whether he lied. Beating a dead horse would only make Democrats seem whinier than they already are.

What Bush has really shown is that electing a president that aligns himself so completely with one political party is just not good for the country. This country needs a good moderate president.

• you're so articulate. Jimmy should have let his turds govern and maybe he would have been re-elected too.

• What Bush has really shown is that electing a president that aligns himself so completely with one political party is just not good for the country. This country needs a good moderate president.

Like?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

What Bush has really shown is that electing a president that aligns himself so completely with one political party is just not good for the country. This country needs a good moderate president.

Like?

and we can argue about moderate v. "moderate," but this guy wouldn't be a disaster: