Anyone Heard This One Before Open? Pic+ (RR)

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I got a sealed copy of Gemini 1 (Boston, Massachusetts) Fierte (Pride) LP, on the Fleetwood label out of Revere, MA.

Couldn't find any info about it, etc. It's sealed, anyone know anything about it? Written in French and English on the back, funky looking mfing funk band cover. Is it
Lemme know if you know.
Thanks in advance.
Peace
T.N.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    open that shit! looks rad as fuck!

• Revere is pretty fany but I say you open that sucker up. Instruments listed? Titles?

It's either the first marcus belgrave with an extended mix of glue fingers pt. 2 the whole way through... or more likely a gospel LP....

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Revere is pretty fany but I say you open that sucker up. Instruments listed? Titles?

It's either the first marcus belgrave with an extended mix of glue fingers pt. 2 the whole way through... or more likely a calypso[/b] LP....

• An odd release for Fleetwood. That label was mainly known for sports discs (recordings of ball games and whatnot); they used to advertise in DC comics all the time. Every now and then they'd do something out of that realm (apparently they released a few garage-type singles in the 60's, and even the off-kilter Shaggs had a Fleetwood 45 in the early 70's).

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ah, fuck it, I'mma open it. It's not like these are growing on trees anyway.
    Peeace and thanks!
    T.N.

Thick Bassline Haitian Funk Juju Zouk Shiz!!![/b] Former members of Super Soline, if anyone is familiar with them. Pretty fly in a bleary bassline island way. Like a funk soca band got drunk, accentuated the bass, blurred the vocals, modeled their sax playing on Fausto Papetti. This shit is fresh, I'm feeling it right now!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Thick Bassline Haitian Funk Juju Zouk Shiz!!![/b] Former members of Super Soline, if anyone is familiar with them. Pretty fly in a bleary bassline island way. Like a funk soca band got drunk, accentuated the bass, blurred the vocals, modeled their sax playing on Fausto Papetti. This shit is fresh, I'm feeling it right now!

Nice! Personally i feel it is the duty of people like us to make sure sealed records get opened!

In fact I think that deserves its own post.

Nice! Personally i feel it is the duty of people like us to make sure sealed records get opened!

I might've held off if I didn't ask fellas on here. Insert ironic hipster t shirt.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    audio plaese!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I might've held off if I didn't ask fellas on here. Insert ironic hipster t shirt.

Please see my other thread on the issue. I applaud you for doing the right thing and popping the cherry though. Glad it wasnt crappy!

Audio to come
    Peas
    T.N.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    my guess from the cover would've been a mid to late 70's Haitian compas group- as there was a scene in Boston around that time.

looks like my suspicions were confirmed.

I'd love to hear it as I am a big fan of Haitian music in general, especially certain sounds.

peace.