Trapped in the Closet

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
[color:#666666]Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA. [/color] AMAZING.

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I havent been paying attention to this stuff at all. Is this some sort of metaphor?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

[color:#666666]Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA. [/color]

AMAZING.

Facemelting.

An important cultural event.

Ya'll are sleeping.

• If you take this whole Trapped in the Closet thing seriously, it's pretty bad musically, visually, and conceptually.

Taken from the perspective of the detached, ironic trainwreck-watcher, it's still pretty annoying.

Just my opinion.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    If you take this whole Trapped in the Closet thing seriously, it's pretty bad musically, visually, and conceptually.

Taken from the perspective of the detached, ironic trainwreck-watcher, it's still pretty annoying.

Just my opinion.

what???

This is an important culural event!

• i saw some of this, had me fucked up for a couple days after. stories are captivating to say the least.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    did you see his perdormance at mtvawards. This guy is f**ked up.

will need to see to analyse but ScottC of the montrealmirror says

"don't know about you, but I just spent the last half hour watching all five episodes of R Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" soap opera/video masterpiece. Say what you will about the cornrowed R&B fetishist, but the creative ingenuity contained in this latest piece of work had me pissing myself with laughter. The song unfolds over five episodes that take place after a hot night at the club, with R Kelly waking up in somebody else's bed. I don't want to give too much away if you haven't already seen it, but the R should seriously think about getting into the daytime drama game, because this shit is genius. You'll be laughing so hard that you

forget just about everything else R Kelly has done, both in public and private, trust me."

That guy has to be the most excused freakiness guy along with micheal jackson and my man

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Just to be clear: the DVD contains a full twelve chapters.

• i literally fell off my couch at the end of chapter 9.

seriously, everyone here needs to see this before all the spoilers start turning up. there is nothing to prepare you for this masterpiece.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    r. kelly is insane. homophobia, infidelity, violence...this shits got everything. MUST SEE!!!!

i literally fell off my couch at the end of chapter 9.

Is that when something that is "so damn twisted" is revealed to be beneath James' kitchen sink?

Is there any shower scenes, perhaps of the golden variety? I don't think the movie would be complete without at least one.

• Is there any shower scenes, perhaps of the golden variety? I don't think the movie would be complete without at least one.

He wanted to make a clear distinction between this and his prior filmwork so no golden showers.

Is there any shower scenes, perhaps of the golden variety? I don't think the movie would be complete without at least one.

He wanted to make a clear distinction between this and his prior filmwork so no golden showers.

I can respect that. Doesn't want to be hindered by the creative output of the past.

• Just added it to the Netflix queue, hope it lives up to hype!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Netflix

Review Voted Most Helpful[/b]

Aiko Akers

"This music video/soap opera epic of R. Kelly's is like watching a completely trashed woman with gigantic fake veiny boobs lift up her her shirt and start flashing them at the men around her in the earnest belief that she is being sexy. It's sort of disgusting, kind of sad, but utterly enthralling and you can't look away. My mouth was literally hanging open in disbelief when I watched the first 5 chapters of this on TV. I have never seen such an overly articulated narrative put to music. He literally narrates every single thing that happens, whether it's important or not. It's bad writing, bad plot, bad acting, bad music... and it makes it so, so good. It's not particularly creative, artistic, or even sensical but the very fact that it's made in earnest makes it so you can't look away. You just keep asking yourself, "Is he serious?" If you are a fan of unapologetic cheese, you'll be a fan of this."

I'm sold.

Netflix

Review Voted Most Helpful[/b]

Aiko Akers

"This music video/soap opera epic of R. Kelly's is like watching a completely trashed woman with gigantic fake veiny boobs lift up her her shirt and start flashing them at the men around her in the earnest belief that she is being sexy. It's sort of disgusting, kind of sad, but utterly enthralling and you can't look away. My mouth was literally hanging open in disbelief when I watched the first 5 chapters of this on TV. I have never seen such an overly articulated narrative put to music. He literally narrates every single thing that happens, whether it's important or not. It's bad writing, bad plot, bad acting, bad music... and it makes it so, so good. It's not particularly creative, artistic, or even sensical but the very fact that it's made in earnest makes it so you can't look away. You just keep asking yourself, "Is he serious?" If you are a fan of unapologetic cheese, you'll be a fan of this."

I'm sold.

This movie is screaming for a companion drinking game. Anyone who's seen it care to take a stab?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    "OH MY GOD A RUBBER, rubber, rubber, rubber.... " has been my spontaneous go-to catchphrase as of late.

I was lucky enough to catch this on a flight back to SF from DC, all twelve chapters, and I can safely say that I have been fully converted. GENIUS, straight up.

• i literally fell off my couch at the end of chapter 9.

Is that when something that is "so damn twisted" is revealed to be beneath James' kitchen sink?

that would be the precise moment.

• detached, ironic trainwreck-watcher

hipster.

"OH MY GOD A RUBBER, rubber, rubber, rubber.... " has been my spontaneous go-to catchphrase as of late.

I was lucky enough to catch this on a flight back to SF from DC, all twelve chapters, and I can safely say that I have been fully converted. GENIUS, straight up.

They're showing this on planes?!

What airline do you fly?

Jet Blue hommie. They had the cable hook up and VH1 had did a special surrounding the episodes.

• I really think people throw around term genius to easily. The shit is just bad, but un-intentionally hilarious. Stop trying to golden shower the dude with praise.

I mean "genius" in the ironic sense, like this shit is unintentionally brilliant 'cause its soooo bad its good.

• "OH MY GOD A RUBBER, rubber, rubber, rubber.... " has been my spontaneous go-to catchphrase as of late.

What airline do you fly?

What airline do you fly?

I believe I saw this listed in some of Soul Plane's literature.

• I mean "genius" in the ironic sense, like this shit is unintentionally brilliant 'cause its soooo bad its good.

racist hipster

What airline do you fly?

You beat me to it.

I really think people throw around term genius to easily. The shit is just bad, but un-intentionally hilarious. Stop trying to golden shower the dude with praise.

I don't think anyone genuinely thinks the schitt is "good," Young Phonics, but it's definitely a work of unintentional genius.

• I really think people throw around term genius to easily. The shit is just bad, but un-intentionally hilarious. Stop trying to golden shower the dude with praise.

I don't think anyone genuinely thinks the schitt is "good," Young Phonics, but it's definitely a work of unintentional genius.

but does the "Arr-uh" know this? Is he aware that he's the laughing stock of internet message boards and perhaps the public at large? Does he still believe he can touch the sky?