MP3 request The Girlfriend Of The Whirling Dervish

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
OK, I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for versions of 'The Girlfriend Of The Whirling Dervish", and not the martin denny one.... Vocal or Instrumental, although a vocal version is preferred.I've loved this song ever since I was young and heard porky pig sing it in a cartoon.One fine day I chanced to stray on a little side street in old Bombay, And met a sentimental oriental. She saw me and I saw she had a manner too bold and much too free; her eyes were positively detrimental. When I asked about this gay coquette, I discovered, much to my regret: She's the girl friend of the whirling dervish, She's the sweetest one he's found. But ev'ry night in the mellow moonlight, When he's out dervishing with all his might, [/b]she gives him the run around. All the boy friends of the whirling dervish are his best friends to his face. But there's no doubt, when he isn't about, They all come hurrying to take her out ??? She leads him a dizzy pace. He dreams of a Hindu honeymoon; He doesn't dream that ev'ry night when he goes out to make an honest rupee, Se steps out to make a lotta whoopee. Oh, the love song of the whirling dervish has a sweet and tender sound. But will he burn if he ever should learn, Tat while he's doing her a real good turn, she gives him the run-around. She's the girl friend of the whirling dervish, Se's the sweetest one he's found. But ev'ry night in the mellow moonlight, Whn he's out dervishing with all his might, she gives him the run around. All the boy friends of the whirling dervish are his best friends to his face. But there's no doubt, when he isn't about, Thy all come hurrying to take her out ??? She leads him a dizzy pace. He dreams of a Hindu honeymoon; He doesn't dream that ev'ry night when he goes out to make an honest rupee, She steps out to make a lotta whoopee. Oh, the love song of the whirling dervish has a sweet and tender sound. But will he burn if he ever should learn, That while he's doing her a real good turn, she gives him the run-around. She's got a nervish, throwin' him a curvish, which of course, he doesn't deservish Poor old whirling dervish!plllllaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/b]

Comments