DocBeezy vs. Black Sabbath

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I want to know the results peace, 'Check . . .

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    SABBATH will crush him!

• Black Sabbath - records sold: ~15 million

DocBeezy - records sold: ~0

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    after listening to S/T twice today, I can't fathom life before Sabbath.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I just got it today. Going to put it on with the headphones tonight......will report back.

• I just got it today. Going to put it on with the headphones tonight......will report back.

I'm always with the useless facts, so here's one:

The first album is said to be the only Black Sabbath album where you hear Ozzy's vocals at normal speed.

• I just want to know when DocBeezy turned black. Last I heard he was a 12 year old bucktoothed white kid with a bowl haircut and faux gold jewelry.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i dunno, beezy's got that esham and ICP shit on lockdown. ozzy's gut's got strechmarks?

I just want to know when DocBeezy turned black. Last I heard he was a 12 year old bucktoothed white kid with a bowl haircut and faux gold jewelry.

got the first Black Sabbath.

Tried to listen to it 3 times. Terrible.

Do not like.

never again.

Do not like.

never again.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Do not like.

never again.

figured i would get some mad faces.

seriously. It was irritating. And Ozzy's voice is sooo terible.

• wow..do you like any rock?

yeah, but more psych than anything.

some favorites are Affinity, peanut butter conspiracy, Giant Crab, The Listening etc....

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wow. that's a great record man.

try this one

bangin', son

• wow. that's a great record man.

try this one

bangin', son

bangin' indeed

but, dude, that shit is psychedelic as hell. Just look at how creepy and wizard rock Ozzy is lookin on the cover. If I was tripping, that record would blow me into netherworlds. It does anyways.

Ehh, each his own though I guess... .theres plenty of shit dudes go gaga about that I could give a for. This includes pretty much 90% of all jazz records. My ears aint tryin to hear it.

this is the one i listened to.

after hearing this im not sure if I would want to hear anymore of their albums.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

You are strange. WHo doesnt like Sabbath?

• this is the one i listened to.

Well, goddamn... I KNOW you at least like that drumbreak on "Behind The Wall Of Sleep", don'tcha?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    figured i would get some mad faces.

seriously. It was irritating. And Ozzy's voice is sooo terible.

I tried to understand what all the fuss was about again recently after Ozzy and Sabbath got inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame. But where Sabbath is concerned I'm dead below the waist. Pity me.

Well, goddamn... I KNOW you at least like that drumbreak on "Behind The Wall Of Sleep", don'tcha?

im soooo over breaks.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

im soooo over breaks.

I was never a huge s/t fan. Try Masters of Reality.

• yeah, but more psych than anything.

some favorites are Affinity, peanut butter conspiracy, Giant Crab, The Listening etc....

Those bands kind of suck in comparison to the awesomeness of Sabbath...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Do not like.

never again.

this is the perfect time for...

• a lot of it has to do with hearing this stuff for the first time, with 2005 ears. Everything done on that album is taken for granted now. When that LP came out, all other hard rock was still rooted in the 60s...fuzz, pop arrangements, standard rhythm section formula, 12-bar stuff...no one, besides Sir Lord Baltimore(seriously slept on band) was playing the bass like Geezer was, mirroring the guitar riffs. No one was playing guitar like Tony, no one had a tone like him, no one played as stark and raw. Also, this is the first time, besides Led Zeppelin(who, if you dont like, well, then rock music isnt for you) where the drums and the beat was as important to propelling the feeling as the guitar or vocals in heavy blues based rock...yeah, there were lots of loud drums before them, but they werent as menacing as Bill was playing them, sadly, for some reason, after "Paranoid" he never played the same way again...just try and track down the concert video-Black Sabbath, Paris, 1970 for some truly facelmelting heavy rock.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    yeah, but more psych than anything.

I think this is actually proof that you're not really a rock fan...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    a lot of it has to do with hearing this stuff for the first time, with 2005 ears. Everything done on that album is taken for granted now. When that LP came out, all other hard rock was still rooted in the 60s...fuzz, pop arrangements, standard rhythm section formula, 12-bar stuff...no one, besides Sir Lord Baltimore(seriously slept on band) was playing the bass like Geezer was, mirroring the guitar riffs. No one was playing guitar like Tony, no one had a tone like him, no one played as stark and raw. Also, this is the first time, besides Led Zeppelin(who, if you dont like, well, then rock music isnt for you) where the drums and the beat was as important to propelling the feeling as the guitar or vocals in heavy blues based rock...yeah, there were lots of loud drums before them, but they werent as menacing as Bill was playing them, sadly, for some reason, after "Paranoid" he never played the same way again...just try and track down the concert video-Black Sabbath, Paris, 1970 for some truly facelmelting heavy rock.

well put man... i still can't mess with sir lord baltimore... its alright but a bit underwhelming.

again ST is probably my least fave (but by that im really splitting hairs) of the first 4 sabbath records.

i've got the boot of that paris 1970 concert on cd and yes it is indeed INSANE.

from opening crowd noise and ozzy's 2 word intro "BLACK SABBATH!!!!!!!!! "

insanity... war pigs on there will truely blow minds with the drum fills alone

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    well put man... i still can't mess with sir lord baltimore... its alright but a bit underwhelming.

Of all the things one could say about SLB... I wouldn't have ever guessed 'underwhelming'

I'd believe overwhelming though... your tastes gear towards the heavy and frenetic I take it?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

Of all the things one could say about SLB... I wouldn't have ever guessed 'underwhelming'

I'd believe overwhelming though... your tastes gear towards the heavy and frenetic I take it?

i dont know after reading endless platitudes to its phenomenal dopeness i was a bit underwhelmed to find out it was just some dude goin "IIIIII GGGGOOOOTTT A WOOOOMANNN" ... way too Blue Cheerey for my tastes.. though i need to reinvestigate.

i'll take non raer hawkwind anyday though in the meantime.