Quantic - Off The Beaten Track mix

hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
edited April 2005 in Music Talk
helloive been jammin the hell out of this mix since i got it a few months back..(so fuckin raw and thick)ive got few trax named..but need help with others... any help wd be greatly appreciated

QUANTIC off the beaten track by Pablo Discobar on Mixcloud

track 2 - billy larkin - funky firetrack 3 - Voodoo Woman - Koko Taylortrack 4 - Billy 'Butterball' Crane - Steppin Tall track 8 - Klaus Wunderlich - Summertimetrack 10 - wayne carter - wahootrack 11 is a (cover) of ripple - i dont know what it is but it sure is funky (no idea who the artist is)track 19 - perry and the harmonics - do the monkey with james (SMOKIN ASS SONG)track 20 - carl carlton - why dont they leave us alone(this might be right...but not sure..only goin on the song title with this one..)track 24 - chuck jackson - now thats saying alotthanx for yr time

Comments

• post the mix and I will help you out.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    that mix is pretty

Thanks for posting this up

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    alright..

have to wait till i get home first tho

• Options
    I know the Young Ones (Prestige 45 or LP) have a tune titles "WHy Don't They LEave US Alone" and that Will is a fan of that song. Could be that.

NEver heard the mix, though.

K.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

care for some yousendits ?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

care for some yousendits ?

i'm sayin....

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    hello

ive been jammin the hell out of this mix since i got it a few months back..(so fuckin raw and thick)

ive got few trax named..but need help with others... any help wd be greatly appreciated

track 2 - billy larkin - funky fire
    track 3 - Voodoo Woman - Koko Taylor
    track 4 - Billy 'Butterball' Crane - Steppin Tall
    track 8 - Klaus Wunderlich - Summertime
    track 10 - wayne carter - wahoo
    track 11 is a (cover) of ripple - i dont know what it is but it sure is funky (no idea who the artist is)
    track 19 - perry and the harmonics - do the monkey with james (SMOKIN ASS SONG)
    track 20 - carl carlton - why dont they leave us alone
    (this might be right...but not sure..only goin on the song title with this one..)
    track 24 - chuck jackson - now thats saying alot

thanx for yr time

Love this mix!! Raw and thick (ayo) describes it perfectly. I'll tell you one thing, that first track I know is from a soooper cutty soundtrack, I might be able to find that out by the end of the day.

What I really want to know is what track 9 is, that reggae funk shit, soooooo nasty. Down in Joshua Tree I had that shit on repeat repeat repeat in the hot sun with a spleef.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    ok

here u headz go

http://www.polishedpoverty.com/audio/quantic%20-%20off%20the%20beaten%20path/

enjoy

hope we can figure this puzzle out

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    5 is the firey one

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Damn, there's a lot of music out there. I only know two of the songs:

Track 1 is off the Wild Racers OST. Sounds like some Axelrod-esque, downtempo dopeness, doesn't it?

Track 16 is a cover of "Tuck's Theme", my guess is the Manito version but I'm too lazy to go pull it to verify.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    aww no doubt

firey as fawk

• Options
    hello

ive been jammin the hell out of this mix since i got it a few months back..(so fuckin raw and thick)

ive got few trax named..but need help with others... any help wd be greatly appreciated

track 11 is a (cover) of ripple - i dont know what it is but it sure is funky (no idea who the artist is)

(this might be right...but not sure..only goin on the song title with this one..)

thanx for yr time

Love this mix!! Raw and thick (ayo) describes it perfectly. I'll tell you one thing, that first track I know is from a soooper cutty soundtrack, I might be able to find that out by the end of the day.

What I really want to know is what track 9 is, that reggae funk shit, soooooo nasty. Down in Joshua Tree I had that shit on repeat repeat repeat in the hot sun with a spleef.

9 (the reggae ish mentioned earlier) is the Nairobi Sisters on the Flames label(Wintson Jones label) outta BK. There's a JA and a UK press of that, too.

5 is Ethiopian I believe - 45. Don't ask me to spell it as I'm not home right now (to check the label).

That "Why Don't They Leave US Alone" is the Young Ones (Prestige) as I suggested earlier (insert record nerd "hunnnnhaaa" sound)

See Nate, I share.

Had 5 5%ers, Kevin in Canada.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    apparently

track 5 is either

Sir Victor Uwaifo Jungle Beat Philips Afro Funk
    Bob Isibor Happy Day Mutaba Philips Afro Funk

(thanx sermad @ vinylvulture)

hello

thanx for yr time

9 (the reggae ish mentioned earlier) is the Nairobi Sisters on the Flames label(Wintson Jones label) outta BK. There's a JA and a UK press of that, too.

5 is Ethiopian I believe - 45. Don't ask me to spell it as I'm not home right now (to check the label).

That "Why Don't They Leave US Alone" is the Young Ones (Prestige) as I suggested earlier (insert record nerd "hunnnnhaaa" sound)

See Nate, I share.

Had 5 5%ers, Kevin in Canada.

Well Oliver name dropped that sound track already, soooo, I have....nothing to contribute.

K, do you have a copy of that Nairobi Sisters? Shit is FLAMESSSSSS!!!!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    hey thanks for posting the mix man. respect.

track 5 and 11=

• orchestra baobob- caliente(sp?) is in there too.
    that wild ones o.s.t. dude got from me in a trade a few years back. he was overjoyed. never thought it would appear on a mix.

My friend Symon & Will at Symon's place 2003. The 3 of us geeked out til wee hours about the usual record nerd business.
    I have a lot of respect for that guy.
    He works very hard all the time and has nothing but positive things to say about life.
    An original cat for sure.

Hmmmmm.... Cool Chris told me he sold Will that record. I thought it was "Wild Racers?" Perhaps I got it twisted. Probably.

• we probably both sold/traded him copies. I know he bugged cause he was looking for it for himself.
    i think it is called wild racers (got a green cover on sidewalk). a man called warwick hipped me to it.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    apparently

track 5 is either

Bob Isibor Happy Day Mutaba Philips Afro Funk

(thanx sermad @ vinylvulture)

Anyone know? confirmation? fuck me, that shit is 'nanners.

• Options
    Sorry, just my copy left. I'll keep you in mind, but I must let you know you have someone in line in front of you.

K.

right on, thanks!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

What were ya doing in J-Tree? Climbing, by chance?

• Options
    DAnno,

Where you at? Don't answer PM's? Federicton?

K.

• Options

track 5 is

Anyone know? confirmation? fuck me, that shit is 'nanners.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    aww man.....no doubt

the shit is too good not to be heard... i pretty much pass that shit around like mad down here in austin

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    did the trail grow cold?

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    according to j stapleton at vinylvulture

track 11 could be

INTERNATIONAL CAVALIERS PAN-JAM CLUB DEL SOL-LP USA 75
    RARE Steel Band LP With A Rough Version Of RIPPLE's 'I DON'T KNOW WHAT
    IT IS BUT IT SURE IS FUNKY' !!!!!!!

shit is fiery hot

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    It's been a while since the last quote on this thread and I am still curious to see whether we can fill the gaps for Will's Off The Beaten Track mix.

Without wanting to distract from the subject: This is a great mix, I think...

... and it comes with track listing:
    01 Sabu Martinez Hotel Alyssa
    02 Nico Gomez Ritual
    03 Natural-Self The Soul step
    04 Keno-1 & The Hermit Untitled
    05 Ogyataana show band Disco Africa
    06 Grant Green Travelling to get doc
    07 Sound foundation Sound foundation
    08 Beastie Boys 33% God
    09 Natural-Self The sound
    10 Leaders of the new school What's next (large professor remix)
    11 - Bootsy's first break
    12 Red Astaire Come down
    13 DJ Shadow Count & estimate (dub)
    14 Grand Master Flash & furious 5 The message
    15 Zapp More bounce to the ounce
    16 Upfront Ruddies Rudie smoothness
    17 The bubble gum machine I wonder
    18 Black sheep Flavor of the month
    19 The bubble gum machine I wonder
    20 The daktaris Eltsugh ibal lasiti
    21 The Shackleford God is all over me
    22 The Dap Kings Nervous like me (beats)
    23 The Dap Kings Nervous like me
    24 The 1 o'clock band The new born hippopotamus
    25 The Keith tippet group Black horse
    26 Cedric "im" brooks Satta massa Ganna

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    awesome looking mix there

where did you find it?

i think this is where we are at

Track 1 is off the Wild Racers OST

tracl 5 - Orchestre du Bawobab - 'Kelen Ati Len' (Soundway)

track 7 henry peters - master groove

track 9 - Nairobi Sisters - promised land (version) Flames records

track 15 gloria lynne - if you don't get it yourself (canyon)

Track 16 is a cover of "Tuck's Theme

track 20 - Young Ones - "Why Don't They Leave US Alone"

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    awesome looking mix there

where did you find it?

I got a CDR last weekend but I think it's out officially. Check www.breakinbread.org