S.S.O. "Shine your light" on Shadybrook

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
How's this execpt for "faded lady"? And what's a fair price? Thnks!

Comments

• I only know "faded lady" wich is an excellent track imo..i've seen this LP on Ebay for around $20 but i dont know the "real world" price on this one. This was a Belgian band no? is there a Euro pressing of this LP?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How's this execpt for "faded lady"? And what's a fair price? Thnks!

I like it. I get about $40.00 for a NM copy. Related to Placebo. Also check Doug Lucas' Naria.

Dan

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    is there a Euro pressing of this LP?

On Marilla Records. The one on the left is the one that corresponds to 'Shine Your Light'.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    s.s.o=el chicles ( john sluzny-ralph benatar-roland kluger )
    the "tonights the night" album by s.s.o. is pretty dope too. it has a couple of the tracks from the rkm-beat action library lp but with vocals instead of just being instrumentals.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I have a Belgian issue of what I thin is the same album (it has "Faded Lady") on it but it's called "Disco Soul Roots" or something like that. Paul Nice mentioned that there might be an instrumental version of the song too?

Personally, I thought "Faded Lady" was the only really good song on the whole thing but maybe I'm just biased. I really love that song.

• I really like this record. I've had a copy in the racks for $35 for a minute now. I think TSL puts $45 or so on a NM one. Seems like $30-40 is about the going rate.

• is there a Euro pressing of this LP?

On Marilla Records. The one on the left is the one that corresponds to 'Shine Your Light'.

"Give a Damn" was released on TELEFUNKEN or DECCA in Germany and is quite a rare album here.

I would say compared to finding a PLEASE album : PLEASE:GIVE A DAMN = 7:1

• sold this one for 30ish. Had no idea it was selling for that...they seem to be around here in LA, i've turned up three copies this year.

It's a dope record with a raw disco and soul sound.

• Thanks doods!

• per0per0 153 Posts
    I reckon it's pretty dope. Yeah, Faded Lady, but it does have some pretty good orchestrated disco beats which the ladies like.

I've turned up about 6 copies down under over the years.