DC Surfrider Tsunami Benefit- Saturday April 30th

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited April 2005 in Announcements

Join DC Surfrider for a Tsunami Benefit Concert, Saturday, April 30 at Dr. Dremo's in Arlington VA.

Live entertainment, with local bands The Hickories, Crooked Crow, and Brother Shamus, DJ KidGusto, and laughs from Standup Comedy To Go.Bid on a surfboard, snowboard, skateboards, and other great items in a silent auction, and enter the raffle for a chance to win great prizes from East Coast Board Company, Surfer Magazine, Asylum Wake-Skate-Snow, Fitness First, and more. Proceeds benefit SurfAid International, a group of surfers and doctors from around the globe that has been offering health and humanitarian aid to the island communities off West Sumatra and the Mentawai Islands for four years.Doors open at 6 pm, the comedy show starts at 7, and bands come on at 9. Admission is $10 at the door, and includes one raffle ticket. This is a 21+ event.Dr. Dremo's Taphouse is conveniently located just two blocks from the Court House Metro station at 2001 Clarendon Blvd in Arlington. Free parking is also available.--this is a good way to take some action in helping the tsunami victims in the south pacific.hope to see some of y'all out there on Saturday.

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Kid, that's an awesome cause, and if I was in town I would be there. Unfortunately I am in Sacramento til that evening.

I think I will bring surf flicks to my night tonight, in honor of Surfrider!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Yeah, the DC surfrider foundation guys and gals are good peeps. They're also afiliated with the sickest pool skate crew in the east coast: ECRW.

have a good time in Sacramento man.

cheers.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Much respect to the Surfrider Foundation. They have done a lot for tsunami relief, and efforts are far from over.

Surf Aid International are also doing a lot too, as you can tell by the flyer. If anyone would like to donate a few dollars to help, click here:

http://www.surfaidinternational.org

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    bumpa-luff-iguss for de cause!

Sat April 30'th

at DR. Dremo's

Hope to see the MD/DC/VA heads roll through this piece!

respect.