buyer and seller codes of conduct

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm pretty new to this online market thing but over all I follow the same business ethic I use in the real world. Honesty, fairness, and respect, are number one, two, three, in no particular order. Even back in the street market days, I had the rep of being, honest, nice, and smart. How about return policies. as a business person sometimes you have to take a loss, but how do you be fair w/out being walked all over.

When buying in the real world, you see the product, and the seller. I use my instincs, but on line is a little more sketchy. All you can rely on is a good record (ebay ranks, etc.), which to me doesn't mean a whole lot. It's the classic, gain your trust then jack you big. At this point I'm not throwing down major cash for anything so it's no big deal to lose $15 bucks if it comes to that.

What do you expect, what annoys, what's downright moronic, to the seasoned buyer and seller.

I know there are thousands of rant threads, but i don't feel like searching. Ingnor this post if you wish.

Taza

Comments

• just check feedbacks. as far as ebay i've bought and sold thousands of records and only had one problem. i won 2 dollar record and forgot to pay and got a neg. for that one.
    peace, stein. . .

• just check feedbacks. as far as ebay i've bought and sold thousands of records and only had one problem. i won 2 dollar record and forgot to pay and got a neg. for that one.

peace, stein. . .

Yeah, you're right, I know what you mean, I'm just overly paranoid. I believe a lot of "honest and good" business people, go out rippin' heads off. You feel me? Stats seem like it's rare on ebay, which is a good thing.

• There are a lot of things I'd like to ask some people, but who wants to help their competition.

Don't worry about it. I got it on lock. Forget I even asked.