tour management.

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
so i'm arranging a little trek around germany. it's tough to set up gigs, travel plans, budget, and lodging all by myself. not to mention, i may run into issues with collecting my dough. anyone got advice?? other than "get an agent."

Comments

• so i'm arranging a little trek around germany. it's tough to set up gigs, travel plans, budget, and lodging all by myself. not to mention, i may run into issues with collecting my dough. anyone got advice?? other than "get an agent."

This is bear mace

you will get paid.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Not fun to do but get contracts for both parties to sign.

Have whatever club owners, agents or promoters you are dealing with give some sort of deposit before you ever even leave your house.

If the promoters will be held responsible for hotel, booze, transport to/ from the airport and venue or anything you want, make sure to put it in your contract rider. Not fun to do, everything gets more business oreinted but it does leave both parties more secure in you showing up and you getting paid.

• Not fun to do, everything gets more business oreinted but it does leave both parties more secure in you showing up and you getting paid.

because the things that fall thru the cracks will almost always be the things that bite you in the ass.

Another thing - GET DEPOSITS!!!!!

PM me if you need an example of a professional rider

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    georges,

check your pm.

-tom

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    delay,

check your emails.

-jan

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    delay,

i called just about every club i know. i asked local djs in stuttgart, even djs from frankfurt and smaller towns in germany i never met personally. one of the biggest problems seems to be that the club owners don't know you. clubs in stuttgart pay 200 euros a night on the weekend to popular djs. there's no chance to get more money, unless you are very very well known over here.

i hope i can confirm that date in stuttgart tomorrow. i'm pretty sure it will work out. my friend will take care of asking other djs... he might be able to come up with another date for you.

feel free to ask me about accommodation and so on. i'd help you to organize your journey...

ps: most clubs are totally booked out on december (they handed in their schedules to newspapers and magazines in september).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what i meant to say:

you need a manager and big support from fat beats or so.

the club owners i talked to, didn't take me seriuosly. they thought i was talking shit...

i think it would be best to ask a manager next time or build up contacts with local people. i'm really not that deep into the local club or hip hop scene...

• try karen from subotage (sp) berlin..

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Pari from Soulpower in Hannover has been a big help. He got me several things up north. I'm playing w/ Large Professor in Munich on the 9th. I'm really just trying to fill in the extra nights now. I'm accepting a lot of lower paying things, but I'm nervous that I'll travel to these spots and get marooned.

either way, I'm going to approach this with possitive attitude and take stuff as it comes. it'll be fun. I'm going to do my best to get deposits.

Grope, thanks for your help homee, I really appreciate the work you're putting in.

Georges, I'll call you tonight.

t