Re Mixtapes (CDs)

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
You guys gave me some good suggestions on Mix CD's and right now I'm bumpin that king Most CD, "I'm Sayin Though". Good song selection, cuts, and mixing. More suggestions please.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

I'll pass on that one.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i'd put one i did a while ago on you send it but i can't figure out how to do it.

this is the track listing - if you're interested - i'll get someone to help me put it up.

Money Maker ??? Ethiopia
    Augustus Pablo ??? Black Gunn
    Les McCann ??? What???s Going On
    Sly and The Family Stone ??? Thankful n Thoughtful
    Julie Driscoll ??? Light My Fire
    Marcia Griffiths ??? Children at Play
    Roberta Flack ??? Go Up Moses
    Delroy Wilson ??? Conquer Me
    Jr Byles ??? A Matter of Time
    Freddie Scott ??? Hey Girl
    Impressions ??? Emotions
    Mirettes ??? To Love Somebody
    Ruby Johnson ??? Here I Go Again
    Freddie McKay ??? Rendezvous
    Caleb Sweetback ??? Darling You
    Desmond Dekker and The Aces ??? Fu-Manchu
    Ken Boothe ??? Lonely Teardrops
    Tyrone Davis ??? Can I Change My Mind
    Gerald Wilson Orchestra ??? California Soul
    Monty Alexander/Ernest Ranglin ??? Love and Happiness
    Skatalites ??? Tuff Talk
    Zafari ??? Addis Ababa
    Derrick Morgan ??? Kill Me Dead

• I told you to get that KingMost CD. Now I'm telling you--again--to get DJ Day's Credit Is Due.

Or holler at the bol hisself via his MySpace page, where he's riding out his self-imposed banishment.

If you feel like openin' your mind to reggae, I can, um, recommend some shit to you.

• Shame you guys don't check for British released stuff. You need to hear this...

GLAZE & PRO-CELEBRITY GOLF, JAY. Title:, Three Sinister Syllables. It's absolute bonkers...

Did you check for the DJ Dough & Porge 1 CD I recommended? Might be difficult for Americans to source.

I should up it because it seriously is the business.

I'm always at a standstill in regards to unlicensed mix-cds (i'm pro them).

Would the same morals apply: as in sharing someones mix CD online & they not get renumeration, just like the artists used on the mix get no $$$.

It's an ethical quandry...

From the UK's Sparo... Very nice.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    i'd put one i did a while ago on you send it but i can't figure out how to do it.

this is the track listing - if you're interested - i'll get someone to help me put it up.

Money Maker ??? Ethiopia
    Augustus Pablo ??? Black Gunn
    Les McCann ??? What???s Going On
    Sly and The Family Stone ??? Thankful n Thoughtful
    Julie Driscoll ??? Light My Fire
    Marcia Griffiths ??? Children at Play
    Roberta Flack ??? Go Up Moses
    Delroy Wilson ??? Conquer Me
    Jr Byles ??? A Matter of Time
    Freddie Scott ??? Hey Girl
    Impressions ??? Emotions
    Mirettes ??? To Love Somebody
    Ruby Johnson ??? Here I Go Again
    Freddie McKay ??? Rendezvous
    Caleb Sweetback ??? Darling You
    Desmond Dekker and The Aces ??? Fu-Manchu
    Ken Boothe ??? Lonely Teardrops
    Tyrone Davis ??? Can I Change My Mind
    Gerald Wilson Orchestra ??? California Soul
    Monty Alexander/Ernest Ranglin ??? Love and Happiness
    Skatalites ??? Tuff Talk
    Zafari ??? Addis Ababa
    Derrick Morgan ??? Kill Me Dead

Not looking for mixtapes with breaks at the moment cause I got the Paul Nice and DJ Revolution CDs to hold me over on the breaks side. Now I'm looking for dope Hiphop selections on a mix Cd.

cool - never thought of it as a breaks cd - but will now hustle it as such.

• SPONGEBOBS

• cool - never thought of it as a breaks cd - but will now hustle it as such.

Don't let that deter you from upping it though. I'm keen to hear... as I'm sure others are.

yousendit.com is pretty easy to use. Just zip your folder with the mix inside & select it when on main yousendit.com page & then send. You'll need a decent connection & might take 20 mins for it to go through. It'll slow your net access while you use it. So best to take a break while it ups.

Then copy link that will appear later & paste up.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

That Zafari got no breaks but it's just straight retarded in a good way.

• Once again I will suggest DJ Spair's mixes, probably my favorite mixtape DJ out there. He can only hide under a rock for so long.

check it

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Once again I will suggest DJ Spair's mixes, probably my favorite mixtape DJ out there. He can only hide under a rock for so long.

check it

Yeah i actually know DJ Spair. I've known him since maybe 95 or so. I like their stuff for sure.

• Right on, yeah dude is THE homie and mad underrated.

The Musical Mixchief is something he and I collaborated on.

• Once again I will suggest DJ Spair's mixes, probably my favorite mixtape DJ out there. He can only hide under a rock for so long.

check it

Yeah i actually know DJ Spair. I've known him since maybe 95 or so. I like their stuff for sure.

You should buy that Musical Mixchief CD by DJ Spair and someone named B.Cause. Hip-hop, remixes, lots of amazing scratching, and laugh-at-loud moments (in a good way). I listened to it at least once a day for about 2 months; it's that good.

I bet peacefulrotation has a link to it.

• ooof!

Unfortunately I'm out but Future Primitive has them, and there's a possibilty p*rker still has some too.

• The Musical Mixchief is something he and I collaborated on.

Wait, that was YOU?

• I love that Musicial Mixchief mix... the broken wings part was a bit dodgy haha, but the rest was real nice, i love the cuts right at the beginning, nothing technical but funky and dope as fuck...

• haha, yeah Mister Mister and Jesus Jones went on there kind of as a joke towards the "ironic" 80's thing that was really hip at the time, *ahem* Future PRimitive* ahem*. We were laughing while making that CD, most of the time. Thanks for the props tho', sincerely.

Don't let that deter you from upping it though. I'm keen to hear... as I'm sure others are.

yousendit.com is pretty easy to use. Just zip your folder with the mix inside & select it when on main yousendit.com page & then send. You'll need a decent connection & might take 20 mins for it to go through. It'll slow your net access while you use it. So best to take a break while it ups.
    Then copy link that will appear later & paste up.

thank you very much for the nice words.

i think i'm in trouble - it's still going through...we'll see.

• haha, yeah Mister Mister and Jesus Jones went on there kind of as a joke towards the "ironic" 80's thing that was really hip at the time, *ahem* Future PRimitive* ahem*. We were laughing while making that CD, most of the time. Thanks for the props tho', sincerely.

Ha. props to you... That was a dope mix CD. Bring 'em on....

Who the hell else is on here that don't let on. Took me ages to work out JacobWizzle... Dolt!

ok - here's goes i hope something

mix

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    its working.

thanks

will check it out tonight after work.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    haha, yeah Mister Mister and Jesus Jones went on there kind of as a joke towards the "ironic" 80's thing that was really hip at the time,

dude ironic irony?

• ok - here's goes i hope something

mix

It's all good. See you're a pro already... Working fine.

128kbps/71MBs/77mins... All there. Perfect to burn to CD.
    You can up the birate when doing others & that'll keep the others on here happy. Ha!
    But thanks, listening to it now. Much appreciated.

I've added your avatar pic to the 'Album Artwork' display as well'.
    And you might not know but you can also add the tracklisting to the 'lyric' section...
    Go to 'Get Info' if using Itunes under the 'File' drop menu.
    It's just handy when you have a zillion downlaoded mixes in iTunes.

• thanks to Funky Flatulence..just burned this this morning

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    haha, yeah Mister Mister and Jesus Jones went on there kind of as a joke towards the "ironic" 80's thing that was really hip at the time, *ahem* Future PRimitive* ahem*.

Dude, I know you ain't hattin' on my ode to the oeuvre of Billy Ocean!

• haha, yeah Mister Mister and Jesus Jones went on there kind of as a joke towards the "ironic" 80's thing that was really hip at the time, *ahem* Future PRimitive* ahem*.

Dude, I know you ain't hattin' on my ode to the oeuvre of Billy Ocean!

uh-uh, never that folks...

Billy is something that I actually dig!

And so is the BLEND-A-PELLA CD, by the way.

I was referring to a certain individual who requested a mix that was quirky and conceptual...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I told you to get that KingMost CD. Now I'm telling you--again--to get DJ Day's Credit Is Due.

Co-sizzle on the day mix, heard it over the weekend & its good stuff.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

is this a new drama tape? whats on it?

• is this a new drama tape? whats on it?