Don't Forget to Vote Today.

Comments

• sorry, off year election...its gonna be a mostly republican turnout

im expecting a 20% turnout in philly

• Done.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    sorry, off year election...its gonna be a mostly republican turnout

im expecting a 20% turnout in philly

Most of my friends are Republicans who are fed up with the Republicans in office.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I never got my voter thingy in the mail. Oh well. I don't watch american idol anyways, so no point in voting.

• Done.

damn it's been a year already. fuck.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I never got my voter thingy in the mail. Oh well. I don't watch american idol anyways, so no point in voting.

you got 20 minutes to get to the polling place.

Basically most if not all the propositions on the ballot deal with giving the Governor more power and changing the way money is spent on schools. Sad thing is all the school initiatives aren't made to improve schooling but rather to retool money promised to schools to balance the budget.

I went to public school in Cali from 7th grade onto 12th and because the system was so crappy I became a habitual truant who learned more from Books, TV, Movies, and discussions than I ever learned in a public school classroom.

Taking money out the schools really ain't going to do much but further lessen the effect good public schooling can have on a youth

• I went to public school in Cali from 7th grade onto 12th and because the system was so crappy I became a habitual truant who learned more from Books, TV, Movies, and discussions than I ever learned in a public school classroom.

Taking money out the schools really ain't going to do much but further lesson[/b] the effect good public schooling can have on a youth

case & point (i know i know you were stoned )

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I went to public school in Cali from 7th grade onto 12th and because the system was so crappy I became a habitual truant who learned more from Books, TV, Movies, and discussions than I ever learned in a public school classroom.

Taking money out the schools really ain't going to do much but further lesson[/b] the effect good public schooling can have on a youth

case & point (i know i know you were stoned )

sadly, I wasn't

even sadder I am typing this from a University library

• also i believe california polling stations are open till 8pm.

• Done.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

and...

kinda nsfw...

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i wasnt able to make it today. i feel kinda bad

• i wasnt able to make it today. i feel kinda bad

still time if you're in cali. open till 8pm.

• wow. there's so much misinformation about the propositions here i thought id post a link to the actual ballot.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/politics/cal/la-propositions-sg,1,656976.storygallery?coll=la-promo-california

• wow. there's so much misinformation about the propositions here i thought id post a link to the actual ballot.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/politics/cal/la-propositions-sg,1,656976.storygallery?coll=la-promo-california

oops. looks like i pulled a tard boy. hi j*f*ie! cali ballot

oops. looks like i pulled a tard boy. hi j*f*ie! cali ballot

hi shig***s... how about posting a link that doesn't require an email and password artboy?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    FUCK YEAH!!!

Democrat Kaine Elected Governor in VA!!!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1131504953Gnat">

DID YOU VOTE?[/b]
    YES
    NO
    INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">
    AND IF NOT, WHY ARE YOU VOTING HERE?

gNAT

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i wasnt able to make it today. i feel kinda bad

still time if you're in cali. open till 8pm.
    unfortunately im registered in fremont so its not going to work out. i need to get some of those absentee ballots

• looks like most of these bullshit propositions are going to pass. and the one regulating the electric services is not passing by a landslide ! wtf is happening to this country? don't people remember what happened a couple years ago when they deregulated the electricity. this is fucking bullshit. this is like last year all over again. i feel fucking sick to my stomach.

at least two democratic governors won in virginia and new jersey. good job funky 16 corners.

dave

• where are you looking?

i was looking at latimes.com seemed there weren't many precincts reporting. most were only about 11% in. however it is scary that any of these measures are close.

does global warming have any effect on voting trends?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    looks like most of these bullshit propositions are going to pass.

God, I really fucking hope not. The early word was that they're going down in flames; the last update I saw had them all getting passed. Then again, that was with less than 3 percent of precincts reporting results, so here's hoping sanity wins out.

• I wrote in Eric B for all the candidates!

• looks like most of these bullshit propositions are going to pass. and the one regulating the electric services is not passing by a landslide ! wtf is happening to this country? don't people remember what happened a couple years ago when they deregulated the electricity. this is fucking bullshit. this is like last year all over again. i feel fucking sick to my stomach.

at least two democratic governors won in virginia and new jersey. good job funky 16 corners.

dave

Thanks Dave! I did my part (we even too little Miles to the polling place with us). Democrats did well in NJ. Locally we had a very hotly contested election for mayor with what appeared to be a lot of outside money coming in (I've never seen so many expensive looking election junk mail in my life).

• FUCK YEAH!!!

Democrat Kaine Elected Governor in VA!!!

The AG race is still really close. I hope the recount will put Deeds ahead.

• looks like california turned out alright too. looked pretty scary last night.

did anybody in california vote on measure m - ban on genetically modified crops? this one didnt show up on the la ballot. i'm just curious as to where it did show up. how about the firearm ban or military recruiters measure?

• wouldve been nice if 79 and 80 passed but i cant complain.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    looks like california turned out alright too. looked pretty scary last night.

did anybody in california vote on measure m - ban on genetically modified crops? this one didnt show up on the la ballot. i'm just curious as to where it did show up.

it was Sonoma County. dunno if it passed, but if it did Marin, Sonoma & Mendicino would make the largest GE free strip of land in the country. (so I've heard)

I voted for it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    wouldve been nice if 79 and 80 passed but i cant complain.

Word. I'm actually kinda stoked--there still is some common sense floating around out there, and it slapped Arnie upside the head yesterday.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    looks like california turned out alright too. looked pretty scary last night.

did anybody in california vote on measure m - ban on genetically modified crops? this one didnt show up on the la ballot. i'm just curious as to where it did show up.

it was Sonoma County. dunno if it passed, but if it did Marin, Sonoma & Mendicino would make the largest GE free strip of land in the country. (so I've heard)

I voted for it.

looks like it didn't pass.