breakself+gambit+dj_pi=soul:funk night,nov.12@macs

dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
edited November 2005 in Announcements
After a great first night we hope to repeat....breakself, gambit, dj_pi present Soul:Funk night @ MACS bar in Lansing.Satruday, Nov. 12 from 11pm - 2amIf you're in the area, come out and get down to the funky sound.Japanese gangsters will be present.

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i might go.

still deciding between this and chicago.

or i might not go at all.

who knows.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Doc,

It'd be dope if you came out but whatever you decide is cool. We're hoping for a good night and got some local hype...so we'll see how it turns out.

im not going cause that fuckin breakself guy is going.

• I WILL BE THERE!

I WILL BE THERE!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

U mad doggie?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I WILL BE THERE!

hollahollahollaholla when you get there!

There may be a pre-funk party convening spot. I'll post it here once details are finalized. The Japanese Gangsters will need their sauce.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

U mad doggie?
    That's his steez. It's legendary.

U mad doggie?

no, i dont even know him.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    sitkaspruce...pleased to make your acquitance. Are you from the area? Hit me up for the possible pre-game chill. If not...make sure you say what up at the show.

Doc...give breakself a chance!

Sup SoulHawk

Just got wrote up in the Lansing City Pulse with pictures. gambit steals the cake with a picture of him holding up his shoes. I have no recollection of when that happened that night.

http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/051109/stories/Funk%20Night%202%20finally%20drop.htm

Funk Night 2 finally drops the other funky shoe

???Funk Night Volume 2???

11 p.m. - 2 a.m.

Saturday, Nov. 1s

Mac???s Bar

2700 E. Michigan Ave., Lansing

$3, 21 and over

(517) 485-6795

By Emily Ransom

After a two-month absence, Mac???s Bar is bringing back the embryonic phenomenon known as Funk Night.

Fathered by DJ_pi, Paul Karatsinides, DJ Breakself, Aaron Anderson and GAMBIT the MC, Hubert Sawyers II, the first edition of Funk Night back in September turned out to be the seed for many a Lansingite looking to cut loose. The infectious funk and soul issued forth by both dj???s came in the form of 45???s, (for those unaware, a 45 is a 7??? record that revolves at 45 revolutions per minute). GAMBIT???s silver tongue sustained the energetic audience with creative and capricious lyrical ruminations. ???I???m a Japanese gansta??? was one of GAMBIT???s catch phrases that kept the evening unconventional.

This Saturday???s funk night will once again showcase the skills of DJ_pi, Breakself and GAMBIT the MC as well as the ass-shaking aptitude of funk music fanatics.

Last time, the dance floor was the tramp of the night as good dancers, bad dancers and breakdancers showed it what-for. As GAMBIT says, ???everyones got that rhythm, white, black, yellow, green and brown.???

???It [funk night] gets the people down, punk kids, rock kids, they all come out to dance, and a lot of people sample funk,??? says GAMBIT. Sampling is the technique of taking a excerpt from one sound recording and reusing it as an element of a new recording. At Funk Night there is a ???name that tune??? recognition factor as you hear correlations to modern music.

If you missed the gyrating hordes of humid bodies at Funk night last time, don???t miss a single sweaty splatter when the funk hits the fan this Saturday.

Doc...give breakself a chance!

dawg, it aint even like that. Its just what I do.

• Whoever "Doc" is they need to learn how to do something besides talk shit behind a computer screen...The real world doesn't work like that "Dawg"...It looks to me like you have a little to much time on your hands...Why not use it for something productive? Quit fronting!

• I WILL BE THERE!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Whoever "Doc" is they need to learn how to do something besides talk shit behind a computer screen...The real world doesn't work like that "Dawg"...It looks to me like you have a little to much time on your hands...Why not use it for something productive? Quit fronting!
    Ay ay ay! It's cool man. He was just messing around. He's good people.

I'm glad you're coming through man. Bring some of those rekkidz you got to trade/sell too. I may be interesting at hollering at some.

Whoever "Doc" is they need to learn how to do something besides talk shit behind a computer screen...The real world doesn't work like that "Dawg"...It looks to me like you have a little to much time on your hands...Why not use it for something productive? Quit fronting!

cant wait to see you. YOu dont know the first thing about what I do. People need to not take message boards to serious man.

and "Doc" is one person. Dont use "they". Thanks.

• You don't know me either! Just so you know, I'm not some internet chat room geek, I have a REAL life in the REAL world ...You were the one to take it in this direction and I was just calling you out...It sounds to me like you are the one taking this message board TOO serious!

You don't know me either! Just so you know, I'm not some internet chat room geek, I have a REAL life in the REAL world ...You were the one to take it in this direction and I was just calling you out...It sounds to me like you are the one taking this message board TOO serious!

uptight?

no i dont know you, which is why I didnt make any assumptions.

Gasp! I have a real life in the real world too! yay for us!

chill.

You don't know me either! Just so you know, I'm not some internet chat room geek, I have a REAL life in the REAL world ...You were the one to take it in this direction and I was just calling you out...It sounds to me like you are the one taking this message board TOO serious!

i didnt take anything in any direction. I WAS FUNNIN!

this thread got a lot of free bumps

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Exactly... keep stirring up drama man! We'll get at least 5 more people there.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Tonight... any lurkers, please holler if you come out.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

you check is in the mail

how did it go....I called gambit. My son had an earache and we had to go to Flint to pick him up....boo.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    It went okay. It wasn't as many people as the first, but people seemed to be enjoying themselves.
    I think we were at a disadvantage with the 11pm start time. Hopefully we can get a full night on the next go'round.
    Special shout to BreakSelf and Pi... always a pleasure fellas.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    how did it go....I called gambit. My son had an earache and we had to go to Flint to pick him up....boo.

Yeah, Gambit mentioned that your kid was feeling ill, that's a shame. Hope he's feeling better now...earaches used to be the worst!

I had a great time drinking free beer and yelling at the crowd, though, as Gambit said, fewer people than last time. Still, a respectable turn out for sure.

Hope you can make it to the next one...whenever that is.

Yeah, Gambit mentioned that your kid was feeling ill, that's a shame. Hope he's feeling better now...earaches used to be the worst!

Hope you can make it to the next one...whenever that is.

no he is not feeling better. He is going to need tubes.

The next one should be some weekend in december as long as it is not the weekend of the 10th. Thank you.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    There are talks of the next night currently in the making. Last night was a lot of fun but the late start definetly affected the turn out. That and a bunch of people that told me they were coming out backed out.

Its always a pleasure throwin down with you guys (gambit & breakself).